Honored Contributor

Re: It's starting to look like Thanksgiving -

Very pretty,

Image result for enjoy your thanksgiving images

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Looks so pretty!

I'm more than miffed with my Temp-tations today. 

I have well over 50 pcs of the Old World Harvest, and some pieces I get out and use every fall, others only when I'm entertaining. Well, got out those that have simply sat in the cabinet for the last several years (we've gone out for the last few), and found four pieces that were never used, used once, or only for display, that are crazed. 

Really makes me mad. Trying to decide if I should simply throw them away after tomorrow (just the crazed pieces, I mean..... but I can see being frustrated enough to chuck them all out a top floor window and watch them smash!!lol) or keep them. I really don't like things that aren't up to par, and it would create some room in the cabinet I dedicate to just this pattern, but most of them are not replaceable new  (maybe on ebay), and will leave me missing some key sizes if I wish to make a big spread using this pattern. 

I really hate the thousands of dollars I spent on this line of product, to now have incomplete sets because of poor quality. Getting rid of those pieces would definitely start the winter decluttering I look forward to each year though!

In the meantime, enjoy your day, and I think all of us that are cooking should get a good foot rub at the end of the day! Now....to find someone willing to do that....LOL

@Mominohio  That's exactly why I have never bought any Temptations.  I've read too many comments/reviews about the crazing and don't want to take the chance.  No Temptations for me!

Respected Contributor

I just love this whole room, just my style of decorating. Love the whole table setting, especially the plaid place mats. Warm and inviting setting. Enjoy this day.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 The setting is beautiful but I really like your furniture. Enjoy your meal.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Looks so pretty!

I'm more than miffed with my Temp-tations today. 

I have well over 50 pcs of the Old World Harvest, and some pieces I get out and use every fall, others only when I'm entertaining. Well, got out those that have simply sat in the cabinet for the last several years (we've gone out for the last few), and found four pieces that were never used, used once, or only for display, that are crazed. 

Really makes me mad. Trying to decide if I should simply throw them away after tomorrow (just the crazed pieces, I mean..... but I can see being frustrated enough to chuck them all out a top floor window and watch them smash!!lol) or keep them. I really don't like things that aren't up to par, and it would create some room in the cabinet I dedicate to just this pattern, but most of them are not replaceable new  (maybe on ebay), and will leave me missing some key sizes if I wish to make a big spread using this pattern. 

I really hate the thousands of dollars I spent on this line of product, to now have incomplete sets because of poor quality. Getting rid of those pieces would definitely start the winter decluttering I look forward to each year though!

In the meantime, enjoy your day, and I think all of us that are cooking should get a good foot rub at the end of the day! Now....to find someone willing to do that....LOL

@Mominohio

Oh my!!! That's terrible!  Where do you "store" them? I can only think if there was humidity perhaps that has something to do with it.  I would definitely call Temptations CS to inquire.  I've never put any in dishwasher & with fingers crossed I will bake in them if I need to keep the item in a decorative dish.  Not much thou and all I have that are from the first intro of the line are still good (hope I don't jinx myself😉).

Today, I was going crazy looking for my 2 round pieces of green OW to my big set (which is now discontinued) - then my friend said "you gave them to me". That was weird because I wouldn't break up a set -- so I ran over her house & became a "Indian giver"!

I wanted to use all in Fall colors for my table & I will use most of my Temptations for serving with a few Fiesta mixed in.

Temptations are so pretty just a shame the quality is gone! I never bought any harvest - figured the OW green could be for Fall & Christmas entertaining.

I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving & thanks for your "forum" friendship and great ideas & sharing your home with us!🦃😀

@homedecor1

We had a nice day, and I hope you did as well. The best thing about having Thanksgiving at home, and over cooking so many dishes, is that I won't have to cook for almost a week, and there is stuff in the freezer for Christmas dinner already now too!

My Harvest TT are stored in the laundry room, right off the family room. It is kept at regular household temps and is really nice and dry. 

There was one set of multiple pieces in particular, had 9x13, 11x7, and other pieces, that I bought in several colors including Harvest, and most all of  that particular item number has crazeing problems. Have had some of the sets for past their warranty so customer service won't be able to do anything about it. 

I've received TT orders that were crazed straight out of the box from the factory. I hoped most of that was in the past, but there is still such inconsistency in the line. 

At any rate, should I dispose of them, it will make some room in the cabinet. 

IT was nice to lay out a huge meal (turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli rice casserole, homemade applesauce, pickled beets, deviled eggs, homemade biscuits, salad, noodles, relish tray etc.) and have every piece matching. 

If this rate of failure keeps up, I'll have to scale back my menus!!!

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I'm enjoying having the opportunity to host Thanksgiving. I've been getting things prepped & easy for Turkey day.

I have my table set somewhat (so nice to use my Temptations serving pieces).  I'm still figuring out the dessert buffet & if I'll serve homestyle or buffet since we are only 6.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

IMG_2206.JPG

Very pretty place settings!  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!