Respected Contributor

It's National Superhero Day ! My mom is my hero, Who's your hero ?

From National Today.com

Marvel employees created National Superhero Day on April 28, 1995 to celebrate everyone’s favorite superhero. This is for superheroes only — we all know villains aren’t deserving of their own day. Still, the idea behind superhero day is to honor those who serve and protect while fighting evil. No matter who your favorite hero is, honoring the real or fictional people that inspire us is a worthwhile cause this April 28.

My Hero is my Mom who died on April 28 th 2020 from Covid. She was a wonderful mom and a RN who gave me my inspiration to also become a nurse.  The mom of 10 of which I am the oldest, she worked many long hours caring for others and her children and never complained. Thank you Mom ! You are my superhero !! I will see you again someday and keep those angels in line ! 

Honored Contributor

Re: It's National Superhero Day ! My mom is my hero, Who's your hero ?

My husband!  He is my superhero!  

Valued Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   As someone who is the oldest of 9, and a veteran of more hospitalizations than I can count....(car accidents, heart operations etc...) I think that 

mothers are indeed superheroes, and nurses are superheroes too!  Your mom has TWO capes!  

There are really a considerable number of superheroes all around us.  It's too bad that the worst examples of humanity seem to get the news coverage and the movies and books about them while the people we can (and do!) depend on are most often rewarded with a hug or a heartfelt and teary "thank you".  

Whenever some horrible event is all over the news and it seems like the world has gone completely to pot.... I think of the nurses and the doctors, the police officers and the soldiers, the Red Cross workers and the firefighters, the paramedics and the moms and dads.

No matter how dark life seems to get, they are the lights that shine for us every day.

Superheroes indeed!

Esteemed Contributor

My son is my Superhero. He owns a Comic book store.

When he first opened it years ago he and my older granddaughter dressed like Superman and Supergirl. My Jack Russell named Krypto after Superman's dog wore his red cape. Fond memories! 
    🦸🏻‍♂️ 🦸‍♀️ 🐶 📚

Respected Contributor

@781Florist  wrote:

As someone who is the oldest of 9, and a veteran of more hospitalizations than I can count....(car accidents, heart operations etc...) I think that

mothers are indeed superheroes, and nurses are superheroes too! Your mom has TWO capes!

There are really a considerable number of superheroes all around us. It's too bad that the worst examples of humanity seem to get the news coverage and the movies and books about them while the people we can (and do!) depend on are most often rewarded with a hug or a heartfelt and teary "thank you".

Whenever some horrible event is all over the news and it seems like the world has gone completely to pot.... I think of the nurses and the doctors, the police officers and the soldiers, the Red Cross workers and the firefighters, the paramedics and the moms and dads.

@781Florist  very well said ! thanks and God Bless !

No matter how dark life seems to get, they are the lights that shine for us every day.

Superheroes indeed!

Honored Contributor

Probably my husband. He is a "salt of the earth" kind of guy. Solid, easy going and for some crazy reason he truly loves me.