Respected Contributor

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas.... Starting to Decorate the Fireplace Mantle

Started decorating the fireplace mantle today.  It's not done and I still have some decor for the hearth area too.  Just thought I would share a quick picture.  There are 3 Valerie Swirlin20231130_181613 (2).jpgg Twinkling Snow Hurricanes and the 5 mercury glass trees are from Costco.  The metal deer I bought on Amazon.  I took this picture as a video, not sure if it shows up here like that or just as a picture.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

Re: It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas.... Starting to Decorate the Fireplace Mantle

@ciao_bella 

So pretty! I love it.

I almost bought those trees from Costco but didn't and the next time I went they were gone....

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Re: It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas.... Starting to Decorate the Fireplace Mantle

Very festive, @ciao_bella !   Also, very pretty, multi-paned traditional black lantern, my favorite type, anchoring the arrangement.

Esteemed Contributor

That is such a WARM, cozy, and inviting scene!! I am looking forward to seeing the finished display!!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

looks beautiful and love the fireplace -- thank you for sharing😊.  I love seeing everyone's decor -- I'm slowly getting there -- trying to change it up this year (less is more😉)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 Changing it up like you and less is more is exactly what I did this year too.  The mantle is 10 feet long, so a lot to cover but I tried to only add in some pinecones and a little greenery this year for a winter woodland look.   In previous years, it was more lights, glitz and greenery. This is a picture from a few years ago. After a few years, I get bored with a look and need a change.20221211_105825.jpg20211213_113002.jpg

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella,

Looks lovely!

Happy Holidays Gif

Esteemed Contributor

Looks great! thanks for sharing your photos and where you found the cool things.

Esteemed Contributor

Your older versions are beautiful too. It is nice to change it up tho. Last year I bought several of VPH's poinsetta picks in red and white.  I had been using an old, I mean really old, poinsettia garland with faux holly berries on it and the poor thing was just tired out. 

I'll try and find a photo to post. Adding the new picks in brightened it up a lot. I enjoy seeing all of the fun things people put together.