Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45  That barbie is beautiful. Thank you for posting

I did not grow up in the SW and knew nothing of the Day of the Dead.  When I first encountered it, I was mesmerized.  What a beautiful thought to dedicate a day to celebrate our loved ones who have died.  Needless to say, I now celebrate this day.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Image result for mark roberts debutante skeleton

The embroidery is pretty but the color makes her look dead. Lol 

while in LA a few years ago I attended their celebration and parade. It was so fun but very meaningful at the same time. I have a deep appreciation for this cultural tradition.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG - Sorry, but NO! LOL!

After living in Texas I'm very familiar with the Day of the Dead. Actually, they also have a Buddist holiday in Japan in August that honors their ancestors. During the Bon Festival, people return to their hometowns and hang lanterns to welcome the spirits of their family members. They also fix meals for them. 

I decorate for Halloween, but no skulls or anything like that! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

The Barbie is beautiful but $75 is a little pricey. 

The movie Coco on Netflix explains very well El Dia de los Muertos. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom She kind of makes me think of Beetlejuice!

Don't you know he had a blast playing that role!!  He was killer!!!  (Pardon the pun).Smiley Happy

See the source image

Frequent Contributor
The adorable witch with glasses (3rd pic in 2nd grp of pictures) reminds me of what the great Phyllis Dillar would of enjoyed wearing. May she RIP!
Frequent Contributor
The adorable witch with glasses (3rd pic in 2nd grp of pictures) reminds me of what the great Phyllis Dillar would of enjoyed wearing.