Honored Contributor

Is there a special block or street that is decorated for the season that you go to see each year?

When we lived in Fla. there was a street that had the huge cards in their yards and at our library they do the entrance all up.  I have to admit, we don't have any neighbors that compete for house decorations.  Makes me think of the Chevy Chase movie, LOL

I know some churches do a life-size nativity scene for one night. 

Other than that, there's not a lot that is in the area that we go and see.  

Do you have a special place you are sure to visit each season to see?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a special block or street that is decorated for the season that you go to see each year

I remember a neighborhood from my childhood that had a Snoopy Christmas story that we would visit each year.  Each lawn had a few large painted and lit wooden pieces that were a part of the story.  There's not much where I live now.  People have lights wound around outside tree trunks and branches, but that's about it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a special block or street that is decorated for the season that you go to see each year

No, but sometimes we load up my car with family and friends and go to see “sweet lights” which is part of Hershey Entertainment.  There are miles and miles of displays that you view from your car. It is really nice and a great way to spend an evening.

My son has a neighbor that puts up one of those huge displays with music each year and cars line up every night for weeks to drive through the neighborhood to see it.

Sometimes my son has to wait in line to get to his driveway and it’s even worse if he tries to exit his driveway. The local news station always showplaces this house on the news, so more people drive by every year.

The locals love this, but  the neighbors, not so much.

Honored Contributor

There are several streets in Dyker Heights Brooklyn that are world famous for their decorations

The lights start going up THANKSGIVING WEEKEND! We cannot guarantee that you will get a full view of all displays starting at this time, as it's up to each individual home owner who chooses to decorate each season when they will complete their displays, but some homes are ready for display starting this weekend.

There is also the Garabedian House on Pelham Parkway in The Bronx. 

Everything in the front yard! This house is on Pelham Parkway in the Bronx, NY. The woman who lives here is famous for her annual Christmas dispalys. To really see this, you may want to look at the largest size. Imagine that music is blaring and most of the display objects are moving!

IMG_1241.jpg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Main Street Disney Magic Kingdom & years ago Hollywood Studios.  This year I'd like to go to Animal Kingdom.

As a kid my dad would just put us in his Ford Fairlaine station wagon after dinner & we would just drive through neighborhoods (we lived in rural area) and we always had a wonderful time! Best memories ever!

Our neighborhood while the kids were growing up was always fun - neighbors crazy for Christmas!  My spouse was king of the ladder putting up everyone's lights...most were afraid of heights!  Such fun - then we had a block party when we were done!

i do miss those days! No one decorates much here in our community.  Guess they are not into Christmas now that they are older 🤔 Not me I'm into it big time!

Honored Contributor

Not any particular neighborhood anymore, I do sometimes meander around to check out the town and different neighborhoods when I am out and about. This year I want to go to the farm where the Clydesdale horses live. They have said it will be open for Christmas decor viewing starting, I think, the day after Thanksgiving.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Not in this area of southern WV.