Honored Contributor

Is it really after Thanksgiving?

The temp here right now is 75. I went to get the mail and it felt like I should be prepping our gardens for Spring!

I brought up one of our porch chairs and the small table and will be reading a book on our porch for a couple of hours...with a mug of coffee and taking it all in.

Decorating plans for today have taken a back seat to this especially warm day I will take advantage of. Windows are open for fresh air, doors are open to have the screen doors allow fresh air in too.

An unusually warm day this time of year might be in the 50's...or maybe get to 60...but 75? Wowsa!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it really after Thanksgiving?

I'd like it if it was "really after christmas!"  holidays are too much for me....arthritis gets in the way!

Respected Contributor

75º here too, south of Fort Myers FL. It's a strange after-Thanksgiving for me as we ate at our church yesterday. No eating turkey for the rest of the month and no cleaning up after the feast.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StylishLady wrote:

75º here too, south of Fort Myers FL. It's a strange after-Thanksgiving for me as we ate at our church yesterday. No eating turkey for the rest of the month and no cleaning up after the feast.

@StylishLady  I'm in eastern Nebraska and the temp is the same as where you are in southern Florida! LOL

My parents lived in Englewood Florida from the mid 80's when they retired until they passed away in 2005 and 2011 (about 40-45 miles north of you) and spent every Thanksgiving in their church serving hundreds a holiday dinner...and doing a lot of prepping/cleaning up before and after too Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hot here in SoCal, too.  No interest in pulling out Christmas decor today.  I like your plan, @Susan Louise.  I think I will put the kitchen in order, then read a book or watch a movie.  It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow...soon enough to pull out the Christmas decor.

Honored Contributor

80° in Phoenix right now.    I was out stringing Christmas lights on the shrubs........but quit halfway thru........because it got too hot in the sun

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Went Black Friday shopping early this morning in New Jersey, it was 21 degrees!

Image result for funny black friday images

Honored Contributor

60s in Chicago today.  Great for all the tourists in town.  Walked down to Navy Pier and comfortably sat on a bench for 1/2 hour.  Just great!!!  We are enjoying it while we can!

Honored Contributor

Mid-Missouri here, it's 72 degrees. Very unusual, and I agree, puts off the mood for Christmas decorating. There's always tomorrow. lol
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise

It's 75 here in Colorado, too! I turned off the heater and opened a couple of windows for fresh air. The wind is subtle for a change. I should be out raking leaves, but I like them all over the yard and the sound they make tossing around.