Honored Contributor

I unpacked my Christmas hanging baskets this morning and every year it's the same thing. No matter how carefully I pack the chains , they end up tangled. I fiddled with the one forever, and I was about to get the pliers and take the whole thing apart , when low and behold it came apart ! The battery compartment didn't want to cooperate either, until it did. It's a good thing they look lovely or I would have chucked the whole deal. I guess I'm not as patient as I used to be, sigh.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Why not wrap a piece of bubble wrap or a piece of tissue paper around each chain separately when putting them away for next year ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Put your chain in a sandwich baggie or wrap it around a rectangular piece of cardboard when storing it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Why not wrap a piece of bubble wrap or a piece of tissue paper around each chain separately when putting them away for next year ?

@jlkz , I haven't tried bubble wrap , but I've done tissue and all kinds of ideas. I swear these chains have a life of their own !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Is it just me ?

[ Edited ]

I might wrap the chains around a paper towel or gift wrap tube (like putting hair on a roller), and tie the ends with soft wide ribbon.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Put your chain in a sandwich baggie or wrap it around a rectangular piece of cardboard when storing it.

@Kachina624 , I've done that , but with 3 connected chains it's awkward.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

It's the same little demon that gets in your jewelry box and tangles all the necklaces together😁.  Drives me crazy.  

What I do with my hanging basket chains, is use Glad Press and Seal.  It's sticky and they don't move, but it's a pain to cut off.

Respected Contributor

Nope, you're not alone. Haven't gotten mine out yet, so we'll see how it goes this year. Good luck, @QVCkitty1 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Last idea: get a piece of cardboard for each chain; place a twist tie at each end of chain; tape twist ties to each end of cardboard ( packaging tape may be the best choice.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill