Honored Contributor

Re: Is an orange plaid tablecloth too much?

@Mj12 wrote:

orange 1.PNG

Although this is a throw, not a tablecloth.

@Mj12

I love how the third one here looks with that great brick outside the window. This is really pretty!

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I generally love all the Fall colors.  Depends on the shade of orange, but here are some examples I found:

orange 1.PNG

This is very close to the one I found. But the one I want is cream , not white and more cream color than this plaid, and the brown is very dark brown.

Honored Contributor

@151949

If it really speaks to you, you should get it.  You'd probably regret it if you didn't.

Should it be too much, then like @Carmie said, you can fold it into a smaller piece such as the size of a runner down the center of your table, or even in half so once it's on the table, the table will still show at the edges if the cloth is placed at an angle.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

If the orange is seriously bright, I would layer a smaller neutral cloth on top and then add a centerpiece to pick up the fall colors of the plaid. Have fun...there are lots of good ideas here. Fun thread.

Honored Contributor

I love bold color; I say go for it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drlinda wrote:

Love orange. Moved into a new house that is completely beige.  Worked with a decorator and came up with orange and teal accents.  Drapes and tablecloths are orange plaid.  It is stunning!

@Drlinda - I also moved into a home that is almost all beige/taupe with white trim. I thought for sure I'd spend the first few months painting walls, but it turns out that the pops of color from my accessories and furniture make that beige/taupe a great neutral backdrop to highlight my treasures. (After almost three years, only my kitchen has gotten any new paint.)

And FWIW, I use festive table runners for autumn and Christmas. I'm typically a "cool color" girl, with lots of blues and greens, but I adore the warmth of an orange plaid runner to coordinate with all my pumpkins for a few fall months and then a red plaid one for a few holiday months.

Good luck with your decision, @151949! As others have mentioned, test it out and just do what makes you happy. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Lori,

I’m with you. Can’t live with all that beige and hate to paint freshly painted walls.  More color with accessories and art. Have to be surrounded by color or I’m planning vacations.  Sounds like you have solved the problem too!

Esteemed Contributor

Orange is fabulous for summer and fall, IMO.  Sounds like it would be very attractive.🍑🍊🍁

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Orange, brown and neutrals go perfectly together.

If you take a walk in the fall woods, it's exactly what you'd see.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

If it ends up being to much color maybe you could put another table cloth (solid)  over the plaid..just lay the solid going in a different direction, then the plaid would show up but not as boldly.

that is a great idea!