Respected Contributor

Re: Is an orange plaid tablecloth too much?

I’m assuming the tablecloth doesn’t cost too much? If that’s the case, I’d give it a try. Might be a nice pop against the neutrals. If you get it, please post a pic!
Honored Contributor

Sorry , try as I may I haven't been able to post pictures from my chromebook. When I go back to click on the picture I lose the page I'm posting on. It just isn't capable of having 2pages open at the same time.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Orange is my favorite color, but that being said, it depends on the shade.  A burnt orange or persimmon is my favorite and it goes beautifully with beiges and browns.  I would try it, it's not like it's a permanent fixture,  He bold, you may love it!

Honored Contributor

I generally love all the Fall colors.  Depends on the shade of orange, but here are some examples I found:

orange 1.PNG

Honored Contributor

orange 3.PNGtoo much yellow IMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

orange 1.PNG

Although this is a throw, not a tablecloth.

Regular Contributor

Love orange. Moved into a new house that is completely beige.  Worked with a decorator and came up with orange and teal accents.  Drapes and tablecloths are orange plaid.  It is stunning!

Honored Contributor

@151949

Its hard to say--what shade of orange-there are different colors and types of orange plaids:

Image result for orange plaid tablecloth   Image result for orange plaid tablecloth

Image result for orange plaid tablecloth

If you chose a plaid that worked well with your walls and also added some orange decor pieces throughout the room it would look nice for fall...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If it ends up being to much color maybe you could put another table cloth (solid)  over the plaid..just lay the solid going in a different direction, then the plaid would show up but not as boldly.

Respected Contributor

@151949  The tablecloth sounds like it would be a lovely touch for Fall or even now, if you choose. Since a tablecloth is not a huge investment piece....I say go for it. Sometimes a pop of color like this can energize a space. The color would most definitely go with the others that you described.

Hope you love it.