Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@mominohio - Q2 has CIJ all day tomorrow and most of the day on Tuesday, plus shows on Saturday and Sunday night.

@loriqvc 

Thank you! I was going to check the schedule and hoped they were. I'm afraid it will be all repeats. I don't think QVC 2 is doing as well as I hoped it would. 

And I wonder if anyone else has the issue I have with watching it. It is not broadcast in HD on DirecTV, and the picture quality is horrible. Everyone is very short and fat (I feel so at home! lol) and the definition is fuzzy and it actually is hard for me to watch after entering the world of HD a year ago. I feel like I can't really see the products in the detail I need to make an informed choice. And watching online doesn't work for me, it keep loading and stopping, just frustrating. I think because we are really rural, we don't have the best internet service.

Anyone else notice this or have that issue?

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio  I had the same problem. I moved recently and don’t have access to DirecTV anymore (no way to do a dish), but I do have excellent internet, so I switched to DirecTV Now which is their streaming service. I bought a Roku Express at Walmart for $29, so I could download the DirecTV Now App, and you can download many apps from the Roku store for free, including QVC. You can watch all the QVC stations live and for free in HD. 

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Mominohio  I had the same problem. I moved recently and don’t have access to DirecTV anymore (no way to do a dish), but I do have excellent internet, so I switched to DirecTV Now which is their streaming service. I bought a Roku Express at Walmart for $29, so I could download the DirecTV Now App, and you can download many apps from the Roku store for free, including QVC. You can watch all the QVC stations live and for free in HD. 

@MaryLamb 

Thanks for that info!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@MaryLamb 

Thanks for that info!

@Mominohio  You’re welcome. I know it may not seem worth $29 to watch QVC2 in high def, but you can download a lot of other apps for free that may ultimately be worth the cost.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio - I also watch QVC and QVC2 only through the Roku app; it had some issues with looping and timeouts for a few months but seems to be doing pretty well now. All the programming on Q2 between noon and midnight ET on weekdays and 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. on weekends is live—repeats are only shown in the overnight and early morning hours.

Honored Contributor

My guess is that he isn't participating in CIJ because it's hot, steaming hot throughout much of the country and wax melts.  With the weather and the shipping situation being what it is,  sending candles and melts out now that won't even be used for 5 months is disaster waiting to happen.  We'll see Homeworx in the Fall.

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

My guess is that he isn't participating in CIJ because it's hot, steaming hot throughout much of the country and wax melts.  With the weather and the shipping situation being what it is,  sending candles and melts out now that won't even be used for 5 months is disaster waiting to happen.  We'll see Homeworx in the Fall.

@chrystaltree  MY guess is that you didn’t read the rest of the posts in this thread, some of which address the fact that the heat of the summer didn’t prevent Homeworx from being presented during the past 2 Christmas In July events. 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Besides candles, David Venable said they cant ship the Germack mixes in summer because of concerns that the chocolate will melt.  Id love for Harry and his over priced Vietnamese candles to disappear but it sounds like its a weather related concern.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Besides candles, David Venable said they cant ship the Germack mixes in summer because of concerns that the chocolate will melt.  Id love for Harry and his over priced Vietnamese candles to disappear but it sounds like its a weather related concern.

@Reever why would you love for Harry to disappear? If you don't like his products, don't buy them. Plenty of people like them and continue to buy them, me included.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@MaryLamb 

Thanks for that info!

@Mominohio  You can do the same thing with today’s TSV.