Honored Contributor

Re: In your decorations, do you use ribbon, bows that are large(r) than for packages, the plaid mate

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't put bows, ribbons, streamers on my tree but I do indeed incorporate them in my Christmas decorating.

I add gold bows to my christmas tree in the living room and added these plaid & burlap bows on my outdoor decorations.  Both my husband and I have old sleds from when we were kids and kept them.  I decided to take one out to use as a decoration.
2015-12-15_212531375_DAADD_iOS.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: In your decorations, do you use ribbon, bows that are large(r) than for packages, the plaid mate

[ Edited ]

@lucymo @Susan Louise Sorry for the blackout of some areas, but I'm wary of posting identifiable pictures in a public forum.  I use Photoshop Mix (poorly...LOL) on my iPad to feature the relevant portions of a picture.  Hope that's okay.  I really like the way @Regal Bee is framing her pictures with soft edges.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo @Susan Louise@ Sorry for the blackout of some areas, but I'm wary of posting identifiable pictures in a public forum.  I use Photoshop Mix (poorly...LOL) on my iPad to feature the relevant portions of a picture.  Hope that's okay.  I really like the way @Regal Bee is framing her pictures with soft edges.

@Marsha2003  Of course it's ok and I completely understand.  I thought it was neat how you followed the shape of the ribbon garland.  I haven't tried any of the photo apps but it looks like fun to do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal I love plaid. I used it to decorate my Bethlehem Lights window candles for Fall:

fall candle.jpg

That being said,

I just found these not plaid ribbons at Costco:

ribbons.jpg

Super Contributor

I really love plaid at Christmas.  This is a picture of my tree last year.  The garland is a little hard to see but it's red plaid.  The stockings are also plaid.  I think I need a plaid intervention!
100_0585.JPG

Super Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't put bows, ribbons, streamers on my tree but I do indeed incorporate them in my Christmas decorating.

I add gold bows to my christmas tree in the living room and added these plaid & burlap bows on my outdoor decorations.  Both my husband and I have old sleds from when we were kids and kept them.  I decided to take one out to use as a decoration.

I love this!  I especially love how it coordinates with the red door.  I think it is wonderful that you kept your sled and use it in your decorating.  In my opinion, that is the essence of decorating.  I love to incorporate items that are meaningful to me.  To me,  that's what makes a house a home.

Trusted Contributor

I do go a little "ribbon crazy" around the holidays!  But as others have mentioned, it's an easy and inexpensive way to add beauty and dimension to your decorating.

I've used ribbon on my garland on the fireplace mantle, on the tree, tied in bows on my buffet lamps, on packages, down the center of the buffet table, around the knobs on my   canister lids in the kitchen, and every year I make gingerbread men and put them in little clear cellophane bags which are then tied with red and green ribbon and piled into a little metal sleigh I got from Valerie Parr Hill close to 20 years ago!   I even tie ribbons around my antique dining room chairs...it looks so elegant!

So yes...it is "Ribbon 'O Rama" around here at holiday time!  Even the dog runs when he sees me walking around with my scissors and ribbon!  ha!

Honored Contributor

Other than packages, I only use ribbons on wreaths.................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I love this!  I especially love how it coordinates with the red door.  I think it is wonderful that you kept your sled and use it in your decorating.  In my opinion, that is the essence of decorating.  I love to incorporate items that are meaningful to me.  To me,  that's what makes a house a home.

@ZoetheCat Thank you!  DH and I have had our sleds for decades!  Funny thing is I've only just started to use one of them as decoration on our porch over the last year or two.  I don't know why I didn't think of doing it before.

The great looking bows I bought made up (I'm not a good bow maker) from Etsy.