Honored Contributor

Imagine this ! Something less expensive on QVC

At Cracker Barrell I saw a Santa walking up & down a ladder with a strand of lights for $99 - QVC has the exact same one for $75 - even with S&H it is cheaper here. And at the CB where I saw it they only had the display one left, all the others were sold out. It is very cute.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Imagine this ! Something less expensive on QVC

Actually that's not uncommon for some things - but not all.  Recently a set of cookware on Q was $69 and when I checked major websites (Macys - Amazon) the price was double or a little more.  Check dyson with other sites and you'll find the Q is almost always 1/3 less than others.  It's Q'd s/h policies (returns) that bites us in the ****.

Respected Contributor

Someone called in and said they saw an item just like it that they wanted and it was $99.  She didn't say where she saw it, but would not pay the $99.  She thought it was worth the price QVC offered so she bought it.

Esteemed Contributor

I find with home merchandise such as holiday decor, kitchen goods, and bedding, QVC more often than not, has a lower price over other retailers.  In some cases even if the QVC price is comparably close to others, their return policy is better than some of their competitors, and that will factor into my decision. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not in the least surprised. .

I know last May when I ordered the Perricone TSV (Conformer plus a tube of Neuropeptide cream) at $199, the next closest cost I could find was $550!  Imagine that -  and I have it on AD.  I keep checking, but so far, QVC is still hundreds ahead for just this item no matter where I look, no matter who says they are having a sale.

There are plenty on the Forum who warn us constantly about how awful QVC is.  Sometimes they are just dead wrong.

Honored Contributor

I think they have the same piece at our local big box store. I'll have to check he price when I go.

Honored Contributor

With home decor I have found QVC priced higher on some decor items, and lower on others. 

I did find QVC was lower for Rykas when I comparison priced at DSW, Marshalls, Stein Mart, Academy......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”