Honored Contributor

If you're looking for vintage christmas items

I went to a Treasure store (consignment & thrift) today. 

The Christmas section had so many things I remember from years ago.  They had beautiful things.  I'm not buying any more Fall or Christmas.  

I think part of it is handmade since I saw it said "booth #".  Maybe they consign their things.

I think these stores are going to be my new stop on Wednesday when they put new things out.  I went to a few of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you're looking for vintage christmas items

You can find some great items in these type stores.  I used to go to them often years ago and it was always like a treasure hunt.  In fact now because of downsizing, I am planning to donate some of my decor to the Thrift stores.  

I do not regret my sprees, I had a lot of fun.  But I just wish I hadn't bought so much!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Last year my sister took so much Christmas decor to a church so they could sell,  I would say early fall.  They were so very happy to get them.  Some one would get her treasures.  Beautiful things, but not her Special ornaments of course.

It was so sad this year to see so many Goodwill stores on TV during the pandemic.  People cleaning out.  They said they needed dumpsters to get rid of all the overflow.   Sad, because there are so many people in need.  But some stuff that ends up at Goodwill should end up in the trash. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 the not for profit thrift shops in my part of palm beach county run a monthly thrift trolley during the busy snowbird season.   I used to join with friends for the day -  and for a fee we got a quick breakfast, stops at at least 8 shops, many of which I would never have gone to otherwise, with a stop for lunch midway in the day.  I did that day several different years —. Went myself other times to some of the shops.

i won’t go this year even if they attempt to run the trolleys —. Too much time inside with other people in an area where Covid isn’t well contained.  The closest I’ve come to thrift this year has been to drop,off donations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just heard they were going to have one in St. Pete area and my cousins & I were excited to get on board.  Both of them love vintage & thrift shops (I'm enjoying it now too🙂).

Then COVID came and I didn't see it advertised again.  My fam is over in Royal Palm Beach area I'll ask my SIL to find out.  We'd have fun doing this!!

@millieshops 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I just heard they were going to have one in St. Pete area and my cousins & I were excited to get on board.  Both of them love vintage & thrift shops (I'm enjoying it now too🙂).

Then COVID came and I didn't see it advertised again.  My fam is over in Royal Palm Beach area I'll ask my SIL to find out.  We'd have fun doing this!!

Not trusting any items from Thrift stores until a vaccine is found and distributed. Not worth the risk.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 I have no idea if they will operate trolleys this season, but even if they do I’m too much of a Covid target to spend so many hours with strangers.

I will shop at thrift, just on my own until my part of Florida stays under control. I’m in Palm Beach County where we’re better than Miami-Dade and Broward but I’ll still limit my shopping time this season.

Contributor

That sounds like so much fun. Years ago, my sisters and i would spend a day going to antique stores or thrift stores and we had so much fun. I have since retired and love the things I have, but after awhile you do find yourself wanting to "downsize" the clutter. But I still love to go "looking".

Regular Contributor

Me too...

Honored Contributor

There is a huge thrift store near us.  I'd like to check this week for a few outdoor items.  I have more than enough indoor items.

I make my own seasonal wreaths and like the idea of this one:

Christmas Wreaths For Front Door Buffalo Check Wreath image 0

I hope to find black/white ribbon, gold plain ribbon and a sign saying "Peace."  I'd also add more green and red.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~