Respected Contributor

Re: If you enjoy easter peeps, how do you like yours?

Fresh and straight out of the package.  You HAVE to eat the whole package in on sitting.   (Even I think that is too much sugar at once, but I power through it somehow,).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Peeps are a sugar overdose for me, same with Cadbury eggs, so I don't eat them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

do peeps have a flavor or are they just colored marshmallows.

@dex

Just sugar covered marshmallows, no other flavor to me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom ok then I wonder why people would want to eat that excessive food coloring.I thought different colors equal different flavors.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@KingstonsMom ok then I wonder why people would want to eat that excessive food coloring.I thought different colors equal different flavors.

@dex

AND the excessive sugar, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I like my peeps a little stale and I only like the yellow ones!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@dex wrote:

do peeps have a flavor or are they just colored marshmallows.

@dex

Just sugar covered marshmallows, no other flavor to me.

Peeps are just marshmallow flavor, unless you buy flavored ones. They make cake, orange and watermelon flavors plus a few others.

i have never liked them, but my DH does.  He likes them stale, but will eat them fresh too because he can't wait.

Honored Contributor

I used to poke holes in the plastic when I got them and after a few weeks they would be hard and good - not soft and mushy.  They must have changed the formulation in recent years because I can't get them to harden anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

I was reminded in an Easter thread by@mousiegirl ,  about Easter peeps.Just for fun, how do you like your peeps, straight up, stale, just to decorate desserts, or simply buy a pack for nostalgic  happy childhood memories?

Me, i like them stale and use them around  my Easter cakes!How about you? Maryanne

@Keeper of the koi  Fresh, but a little stale is fine, just don't like eating rocks, lol.  I stick with the yellow peeps. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Super fresh and like a pre teen silly boy, I like to eat the heads first (and when I still had my boy dog, I'd give him the body, he loved marshmallows!)

I prefer the rabbits over the ducks. 

And I too could eat a whole package, but don't. None for me lately, trying to eat healthy. Maybe I'll break the diet on Easter Day and have a couple!