Regular Contributor

If You Collect Better Homes & Gardens Heritage Dishes

I thought I would check to see if WalMart had any of this year's designs online yet.  They are usually not in store until after Halloween.

There is a 12 piece set available as there is every year and every year the four salad plates are different and are usually sold separately in store.  I have been collecting the salad plates for ten years so always look forward to seeing what the new designs will be.

The pictures are disappointing because they did not stand the plates up but at least you can get an idea.  One of the plates is the tree and bunny that has been out for years now but the other three are new.  There has been a fawn plate in the past but this one is different. I love the sleigh design.

There is also a new serving bowl that appears to have figural decoration on the outside and some new square appetizer plates.

93AF6AA9-AC7B-4081-8823-BE92986E45BB.jpeg260F1A13-F80E-45E3-BADA-BEBCA12F35B7.jpeg

D9A5AE43-2BAF-4BA5-A618-48C0D757CB51.jpegF47E6C30-D7CD-4710-B8B4-CD9B253D26D0.jpeg684E9BBA-9C8E-43B5-A734-70B91836F0FC.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: If You Collect Better Homes & Gardens Heritage Dishes

The salad plates are very nice, don't look like they'd take up much room in storage, and look perfect for amuse-bouche.

Respected Contributor

So they are not on line? I checked and all I saw was old out for salad plates.  And they should be in the stores after Halloween? I need these like I need a hole in my head but they are so pretty.

Honored Contributor

@IShopQ 

Our WM has just started the home holiday section.  Was in there today and looks like area being set up -- on other side of Halloween (front of store).

They have completely remodeled our store & home section is bigger with nice prices & selections.  I guess they'll have the Christmas up by end of week.

Ive seen these plates other years & they are really pretty🙂

Respected Contributor

@IShopQ   Thank you for posting this.  It was here on these forums that I first learned of this line and I have a few pieces that have held up very well.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

@IShopQ - Thanks for the reminder about this line! I love that serving bowl and those square plates; they would be perfect with the other pieces I've collected previously.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

So they are not on line? I checked and all I saw was old out for salad plates.  And they should be in the stores after Halloween? I need these like I need a hole in my head but they are so pretty.

I have learned over the years not to try and guess what they will do with this line but generally they have not sold the salad plates on line except as part of a full 12 piece dinnerware set.  The stores vary greatly as far as when they start putting the line out and how much stock they get.  I live in a small town so the WalMart is a major retailer and ours does stock the line in good quantity  (usually the first week in Nov.) but even so, the salad plates always go quickly.  I love them for layering on my white dinner plates. (This is one of the 2019 designs)

FF6B7EDF-32D3-4701-9B15-223847EB568C.jpeg

PS: the salad plates retail for about $2.98 so they are cheap happy retail therapy 😀

Esteemed Contributor

@IShopQ 

Why did I open this thread?? Cat LOL

I'm making a stop at Walmart tomorrow, but I doubt they will be in the store at this point.  But, I WILL be checking.

Just looking, you understand...Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@IShopQ 

There are pieces on the website, but several are "out of stock" which likely means they aren't in the store yet. 

A couple of items were available, but when I clicked on the, I got this, wich means nothing to me.

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection termination

Regular Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@IShopQ 

There are pieces on the website, but several are "out of stock" which likely means they aren't in the store yet. 

A couple of items were available, but when I clicked on the, I got this, wich means nothing to me.

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection termination

I think they are loading the items into their system because there was an item there today that wasn't there yesterday.  Every year  there are some pieces available online and some that are on the website but listed as in store only.  I don't even know why I bothered to search it...was very surprised to see some pieces so early and happy to get a look at the salad plates.  Have fun...😀