Honored Contributor

Re: IS THERE ANYONE ELSE WHO DOES NOT LIKE GLITTER??

@Campion wrote:

You're not alone. I despise glitter (I'm ok with unicorns and princesses, though.) 

I also hate the fragrance that a lot of stuff in Michaels and AC Moore and now JoAnn's is drenched in. If I have to go in for a single item, I have to hold my breath, dash to find it and check out before breathing it in or I get an asthma attack. So... now I shop online only. It's obnoxious. 

@Campion  That cinnamon smell is just soooooooooooooo strong in Michaels ARRRGGHH!  Hobby Lobby is just across the street in the same shopping center too....and I bet a lot of customers RUN over there just for a bit of fresh air!!!Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Walked through Macy's this afternoon and checked out the holiday area:  they better get a really good vacuum for the carpeting under the ornaments --- mountains of glitter !!!!

To answer a poster's question as to whether or not I like to sparkle, the answer is yes:  my wedding ring, my signature diamond and sapphire ring worn every day, the studs on the sweatshirt I'm wearing today, and...my sparkling conversation !!!         Tongue in cheek....   Happy holidays !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I think I fall right in the middle on this one.

I don't care for glitter in home decor except for the Christmas/holiday/winter merchandise. 

Then, I can only abide by it for a number of weeks before I'm fed up with it everywhere. I'm really excited about the look the day I put everything out, but by New Years, I'm done trying to clean it off every surface.

I agree that there seems to be too much glitter/snow/frosting/beading on today's holiday and seasonal decor, and I'm wondering in a few years, if we are going to look at those pieces, and feel they are rather dated and out of style. 

I've never felt that way about most of my holiday decor, that it is dated or out of style, as I have purchased things that are mostly vintage/antique/of times past, looking. Much of my favorite decor I've had for decades, and it was expensive and seems timeless to me. But I'm wondering if in a few years, I will think the things I've purchased the last two years have run their course.

Regular Contributor

Scrape the glitter off with a dry Scrub Daddy.  You will get most of it off.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad I searched because I was going to post a thread about just this very thing.

Enough is enough! Wherever you go, you can't escape these hideous Christmas decorations that are covered all over with glitter. What's frustrating is that some of them would look really nice without the glitter, but the designers have ruined them by deciding that EVERYTHING must have glitter (and the more the better apparently, ugh).