Honored Contributor

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE WHO DOES NOT LIKE GLITTER??

For the last few years it seems like everything is covered in glitter.  I was at Michael's last week and almost all the Christmas items they had in were covered in glitter.  I grabbed a few of the picks they had that did not have any on them.  I ordered a couple of items from Valerie last year that I returned because all the glitter made them look cheap. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: IS THERE ANYONE ELSE WHO DOES NOT LIKE GLITTER??

That has been my complaint for a couple of years now. I'm not against a little well placed glitter accents but a lot of what I've been seeing is just over the top glitter. Michael's for the last couple years has really been on a glitter kick. I agree that it sometimes it can cheapen the look of the piece. That being said, my look is more rustic/traditional so the glitter look doesn't work for me. For those who love the glitter and sparkle, there is a lot out there to choose from. 

Respected Contributor

I can remember my first post here.  It was right after Christmas and I complained about glitter on Christmas cards received.  Also, I complained about all the stuff in stores that dripped the stuff.  And then, evidently QVC posters felt free to be sarcastic and offer snide comments.  WOW, what an introduction to the world of posting !!!!!

Still hate the stuff: it seems once it gets on you, it doesn't want to leave.  My choice, I know.

Now we have Halloween glitter.....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

This subject reminded me of my brother.  

Last Christmas, my brother telephoned me and said thank you for the Christmas Card.  Then he proceded to say..."If and when you send out Christmas Cards in the furture...If they have glitter on them...Do not send him one". That is how much he hates glitter.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind glitter ---as long as it's not on clothes!

Respected Contributor

Ugh, I can't stand it!  It gets everywhere and it seems like you find a piece on you for days, lol. 

Trusted Contributor

I detest glitter and won't buy anything containing it!  It's messy, attaches itself like glue, and causes angst!

Respected Contributor

Pier One,Home Goods, TJMaxx,etc are all full of holiday "GLITTER BOMBS". I refuse to buy any glitter bomb,no matter how much I love it. 

Honored Contributor

Don't any of you like to sparkle? Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

i don't even like to walk through the holiday aisles--i clean off the bottom of my shoes before i get into my car!!