Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: ILLUMINATED SANDSTONE BIRD BY BARBARA KING

That is such a good price, @PamfromCT!   Great score!   Yes, cloches and all manner of apothecary jars and just interesting glass in general-- another one of my downfalls.  I will have to check your mention out, and do my best to remain strong against temptation...

@mousiegirl, it does not suprise me about you and those birds.  You are so "sympatico", how could you not be a bird person?  Glad to have you on the subject of those white or ivory standing doves of yours.  Some reviewers said they thought in real life, they were too gold, or gilded, to be called "white".  What would you say--  do you think they tip over into the gold category?  They look ravishing to me, glitter and all.

I'm going to try to resist them too--  esp. since locally I found a pair of vintage-looking "verdigris" birds with tails up-- very cute and almost primitive looking, which I like.  But your doves have those different poses, with that one fluttering wings one-- that really, really appeals to me, looks like it's ready for flight!  

Honored Contributor

Re: ILLUMINATED SANDSTONE BIRD BY BARBARA KING

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   My doves similar to your last picture, are open scrolled in the chest for the light to get through, and are ivory, no gold that I can see, some tiny areas a bit darker as accents, I suppose, but hardly noticeable.

I am an animal and bird lover, born that way, would live on a farm if I could have and play with animals all day, lol.  The only critters I don't care for are reptiles, but do respect them, just don't want them near me, lol.