Honored Contributor

I wonder what Christmas in July will look like

With the current virus events, it has me watching QVC and not liking how things have to be done. I'm not complaining, it HAS to be done right now, but I miss the vendors and the times two hosts are together for some shows. It is nice to have skype ins and call ins, but it just isn't the same. 

It has me wondering what CIJ will look like. I'm sure we are all hoping things are much more opened up by then, as I cannot imagine CIJ without VPH in person, as well as many of the other vendors. 

I also wonder what the selection and quantity of merchandise is going to look like. This has been going on in China since the beginning of the year, and I wonder how much production/shipping for holiday things is behind. Things like Temp-tations are already coming in in limited colors only, and I don't know if that was a decision made to reduce low selling inventory in this line, or if this is something we will see in QVC merchandise in general for the foreseeable future.

I'm not in the market for anything holiday, for several years now, but I love to watch CIJ, and can't imagine how pitiful it might be if the vendors aren't back in the studios by then. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder what Christmas in July will look like

I'm already planting the idea in my mind that Christmas gifts this year would likely be gift cards or money.  I'm thinking that would be safest.....as least considering the way things are, and how slow a return to normalcy might possibly be.

Honored Contributor

VPH may be in big trouble this year, almost all of her items come from China.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It's something I look forward to. Generally buy one thing at a really good price.

Esteemed Contributor

There certainly will be longer term effects from the virus.  Many of us will permanently change some habits and be uncomfortable going to events of large groups.  There are ten million Americans who have lost their jobs and so many closed businesses.  Others with 401k accounts have lost money due to the tanking of the market.

Most of all, people who have lost loved ones during this scourge, as well as those have survived and those involved in their care, may very well re-examine their values.  It is a balance, to be sure.  We all want to enjoy life, but just maybe we might understand the difference between a need and a want.  Believe me, I am one of those in the process of examining my priorities in spending.  Never too old to learn, I guess.

Respected Contributor

My daughter's birthday is in May.  The two things she's interested in, Nintendo Switch and Lego Bookstore, are sold out everywhere.  It looks like I will have to give my daughter an IOU this year.

Trusted Contributor

We decided the Christmas before this past one to stop with so much gift giving and receiving.  We are trying to downsize and I would much rather just spend time with people than spend and have them spend on things we don't need.  I do get small things for some folks at work but other than that it is mostly gift cards.  Now I am glad we went that direction.

I still love the Christmas shows, I love watching all of them and I will still decorate as much as I can and I love sending and receiving cards.  Cards are bought, addressed and stamped already, just not sealed as i like to write notes in them.

For sure our new norm has changed but I am so looking forward to Christmas In July.  I do Miss Valerie Parr Hill on set for sure because I think no  one does her stuff better than she does.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi 

Her presentations are so soothing to me, they way she speaks, calm, softly but clearly and even the expressions on her face as she's describing her items, just relaxes me.

Too bad they don't run tapes of her shows late at night, when I can't relax enough to fall asleep!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

There are some Nintendo Switch with games here, they showed up yesterday, but going to waitlist quickly!

I've read that one of the most desired games is 'Animal Crossing' and they did have a Switch with that game, not sure if they still do.

Link:

https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=Nintendo+Switch

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Miss Pepsi 

Her presentations are so soothing to me, they way she speaks, calm, softly but clearly and even the expressions on her face as she's describing her items, just relaxes me.

Too bad they don't run tapes of her shows late at night, when I can't relax enough to fall asleep!

@KingstonsMom 

It's not just that same thing as watching an entire show, but you can always see presentations on YouTube or on the product pages here! I do that a lot when I'm bored.