Regular Contributor

Re: I wonder what Christmas in July will look like

I will miss seeing the sets set up by Valerie and her team, the QVC set designers just are not up to the same standards.  The spring shows were barely decorated.  

Respected Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

I will miss seeing the sets set up by Valerie and her team, the QVC set designers just are not up to the same standards.  The spring shows were barely decorated.  

I wouldnt be surprised if the sets are being decorated by cameramen.  Due to the virus QVC is severely limiting the # of people in the building.  It wouldnt shock me if they are even asking the hosts to set the scenes.... Reminds me back of the original days at the Q. I believe it was either Steve Bryant or Kathy Levine who said when it got super busy or when there was a snowstorm and they were short staffed that hosts actually had to take phone orders before or after their shift.

Respected Contributor

3 months from today we will be glued all day to the Big Event !!

Respected Contributor

As people get their finances sorted, buying Christmas decor in July may be a low priority. 

Respected Contributor

@SunValleyFor some it my put their priorities in perspective.  For Others it may be a much needed moment of distraction.  Nobody said you can't watch CIJ on the deck NOR must you watch All day.  It's better than the So called "Fashion" days.

Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@SunValleyFor some it my put their priorities in perspective.  For Others it may be a much needed moment of distraction.  Nobody said you can't watch CIJ on the deck NOR must you watch All day.  It's better than the So called "Fashion" days.

@candys mine to clarify, my post was confined to an observation that CIJ sales this year may be affected with so many people's finances disrupted. That was it, nothing else. I enjoy the CIJ programming and certainly said nothing negative about its value as a distraction or where others choose to watch it or for now long. Perhaps those comments were not intended for me????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm more concerned about how things will be in July to begin with!  Will our country celebrate the fourth?

Will we be able to go out more than now?  Will we be able to go to the beach, sit on it and still use a restroom?  Will we be able to eat at a restaurant (one of my favorite things to do in the summer is eat outdoors on a pier or near a beach)

Will people be working and be able to pay their bills & buy food?  How will the economy be?

Or maybe CIJ just makes one feel the end of 2020 that much faster so we can get on with an new & hopefully better year...a fresh start.

We just got past the winter and this spring has been the most surreal one I've ever experienced.  I'm looking forward to a hopefully better summer than this winter & spring.

Honored Contributor

I am sure QVC will sell all the same garbage they always do.

Trusted Contributor

Of course I am most concerned about what is going to be going on in our country in July and beyond, but Christmas in July will be a welcome distraction in my home.

I watch it every year and love it, whether I buy or not.  It brings me good feelings and excitement for my favorite time of the year.  I find myself longing for these good feelings right now.  I'm searching for a "safe" feeling and Christmas brings that to me.  Christmas in July will help that more than ever this year.

Honored Contributor

I lile watching it too esp. Valerie with her soothing and kind voice.

I also think I'll feel a little sad thinking how last year our world was so different and thinking of something like this virus happening would have been a nightmare, not reality.

I still wake up forgetting for a moment and thinking everything is ok

and then reality hits and I know it is not a nightmare but real.

Any amount of Christmas I'll look forward to just to imagine all is going to be ok again, at least for a "brief shining moment."  

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"