Honored Contributor

Re: I thought Christmas in July was....

@Lila4Now wrote:

QVC needs to save the Christmas trinkets to July 25, only!  The weekend was totally awful!  Just a way for them to move Christmas items that didn't sell last year.  The weekend comes very close to being offensive  I don't understand the desire for all that clutter around the home.  Less is more when it comes to the holidays in my book..

Well, if you like less, then that is what works for you and you should indeed do that and enjoy it. 

Along with the less philosophy might include less watching or concerning oneself with programming on tv that doesn't suit one's desires or needs.

And 'offensive' is a bit strong. If one is offended by the joy of Christmas, then I guess one spends a lot of time watching Q the next few months, just to be offended. 

Contributor

Christmas in July was long and drawn out.  Repeated many things.  Valerie and Jane's show was great because there were new items.

I find that when you have this show, there are so many items where they say "final order of the season, will  not get it back again."  If one is not ready to purchase in July and then there are no more to sell, for the "3,000 or 5, 000 orders taken, the rest of the QVC supporters are out of luck.  If you can obtain products for the July show, then why can't you get orders for around October, November.   Many people do not want to fill up a credit card with Christmas stuff in July when they have kids that have to get ready for school.

There were far too many items that this was the final order for the year.  Did not find that appealing for the many QVC customers.

Also, repetitive shows.  Show Valerie, which is always beautiful, then Jill does the same stuff and she is not creative like Valerie.  She just places items for sale here and ther. Can do with out her selling products.   Too much time on so many different kinds of Christmas Trees.   So many items for decorating, get more items that can be gifts.

The Christmas show gets old after 24 hours and then there is another 24 hours.  Get some holiday colthes, jewerly, Laurie Granier, etc, some more kitchen items.

Get with it QVC, you can do better thant 24 hours of trees and decorative items.

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was great this year too.  I agree that the last few CIJs weren't as exciting as they once used to be. 

I only purchased one thing (due to budget and waiting for Harry!), there were SOOOO many things I would have LOVED to have! 

I was impressed with many of Valerie's items and I thought that Kringle Express had some great stuff too.

I didn't care for any of the TSVs, but I hope everyone who purchased those enjoys them. 

Can't wait until they start putting Christmas programming into their regular schedule coming this fall.  Yes, a lot of "repeats", but I always enjoy watching/recording regardless.

Valued Contributor

I didn't catch the whole weekend but I really enjoyed the shows I caught.

I enjoyed the grand finale last night and I'm very glad they brought in so many new things. 

I was intrigued with the additions to the sleigh that everyone went mad for a few years back.  They brought matching reindeer and a matching Santa and then said they were retired but returning in a new design.  I'm curious.

I thought it was much better than the last few years.

And I am one of the freaks that misses Lisa Robertson's Christmas decor shows.  I thought she pulled together some lovely ideas and I liked that she got in there with wire cutters and made things her own.  

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
This was my first CIJ. I might've bought a few things during last year's but I was late to the party and not really into it then. FF one year...

I bought quite a few things but nothing I'm super excited about. A lot of what I got I would consider basics - the cathedral mirrors, some garlands, picks and candle rings, the three white ceramic trees, the three gold trays (which I love that you can flip them either way).

I'm looking forward to getting the geese and the red truck. I got the Kringle Express large striped glittered ornaments which are fun. Always look forward to the annual JR eggs.

Honestly, I complain about it a lot, but I would've bought more if they cut us a deal on shipping. By the time I added everything to my cart and saw the total with shipping, I started removing things from my cart. A buy more save more on items you would likely buy 2+ of would've been an incentive too.

@Mominohio
Did you get the JS Santa? I wanted it but wished I got it when it was free shipping. So still thinking about it.

@crazycockermom

Those basics you talk about, are what I'm excited about these days.

For the most part, I have way more things that say 'Christmas' than I can use every year, but I'm really getting into things that lend themselves to Christmas decorating (lanterns, candles, certain garlands, that great mirror you bought etc.) but can be carried out through the rest of winter or all year with just some creative changes. So I did see a lot of strictly 'Christmas' things that I liked and didn't buy, but was getting more excited about those basics.

I hear you on the shipping. After free shipping day, it was hard to buy things yesterday. Especially when I wanted multiples. Many orders were cancelled by me, when I considered how much shipping was involved.

The one thing I did heavily invest in is the Luminara frosted hurricane candles in gold and ivory. Got both sizes in both colors  and it came to almost $170 for four candles. The kicker is that $22 of that was shipping. 

So when I saw that, it caused me to pass on ordering a lot of other things. I know much of what they said was sold out during presentations, was popping back into inventory at the end of the day, and over night, as others realized just how much they were spending as well. 

h210179.003 (2000×1778)this is the candle in gold, and I can't pull up a good picture of the ivory. These look very substantial, and I bought the ones similar to this year before last that were done in kind of a mercury glass hurricane/holder. They are some of the best Luminara I have. Because of the glass container, you don't see the fake flame, and they light well down into the jar, and look so totally real. I have high hopes for these as well. I have a number of candle rings that will look good at the base of these, and should be able to get all winter with them (all year on the ivory ones for me to).

Honored Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

I enjoyed the grand finale last night and I'm very glad they brought in so many new things. 

I was intrigued with the additions to the sleigh that everyone went mad for a few years back.  They brought matching reindeer and a matching Santa and then said they were retired but returning in a new design.  I'm curious.

And I am one of the freaks that misses Lisa Robertson's Christmas decor shows.  I thought she pulled together some lovely ideas and I liked that she got in there with wire cutters and made things her own.  

@Oostende  Lisa probably learned the use of wire cutters from Valerie as that is what she does.

Honored Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

@Oostende

You aren't alone in missing Lisa's Christmas shows. They simply haven't replaced that style and type of collection since she left. Many of us have begged to have Alberti continue this style of Christmas programming, but they aren't having any of it! LOL

Honored Contributor

A weekend of CIJ is still better than a weekend of fashion.

Or 24 hours of food.

Just saying

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

A weekend of CIJ is still better than a weekend of fashion.

Or 24 hours of food.

Just saying

I agree!! LOL

And starting at midnight last night, programming reverted back to a full 48 hours of fashion, beauty etc. So those that were simply horrified by the Christmas programming can now heave a big sigh of relief!! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the CIJ shows were better than other years. I got the tree, and the bags and tags TSVs. I also got some of Ellens star lights. In the earleir CIJ in July I got a BL wreath (being ours no longer lights), and I got a Peanuts throw (for a gift). I wanted most of Valeries things but I have enough of other decorations.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles