Respected Contributor

Re: I think my wallet is safe this weekend. . .

@Beauty Maven wrote:

After seeing Valerie's preview, I think my wallet is safe this weekend.  It's not that I don't like anything, I just have sooooo much already.  I really like the TSV ornaments with glitter scenes, but I have four of her original glitter lanterns from a couple of years ago and they still work great.

To stay in the spirit of things, I ordered one Luminara lantern and a Lenox figural tree.  I also jumped on Lenox.com and picked up some half-price ornaments and the Balsam Lane cookie jar (also half price) so I think I'm done.  Not too bad!

What about you?

I saw the Luminara Lantern too.  But $109 is too expensive for me.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered six balsam wreaths to be dropshipped to various people and the Bonne Maman Advent calendar for my mother.  I thought I would want the beach scene version of the TSV, but I decided I don't like the way they are made.  I want to see H228046 Mesh Lights because I like the twinkling version I saw in Valerie's Preview.  I'm thinking that I might like to order one to go on the garland I use on the mantle, but I'll need to see the price first. though.  Like many of you, I'm not in the market for more Christmas decor.  I have more than enough.

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to stay away from anything that takes batteries other than Valerie's TSV. I was going through batteries like crazy last year....

Trusted Contributor

Like @Regal Bee, I won't be buying from Valerie, because of the whimsical nature of a lot of her things.  I saw on the CIJ schedule someone posted that Martha Stewart will be presenting items.   I like her aesthetic and the items I've purchased from her are good quality.  That being said, do I need one more Christmas item?  Of course not!!!

Respected Contributor

I checked the Items Recently on Air tab and there were only 4 items shown for our Biggest Christmas in JUly sale ever. None of which I was interested in. Did everything sell out or were there only 4 items for sale? 

Trusted Contributor

I love watching Valerie but too much with the gingerbread stuff.  I know people go crazy over it, I do not.

I love watching all the Christmas shows but unless something totally TOTALLY jumps out at me I am not buying anything.  I have way too much stuff as it is and the older I get, the less I put out.

Honored Contributor

I know my wallet is safe today, and every future Christmas show related to decor.

I'm 65 and when the big purge of Christmas decorations took place with my daughters several years ago, we let go of everything that wasn't meaningful.  

The girls packed up what they wanted, and the one tote I kept is far more than I will ever use at one time.   The few decorations used inside are centered around the reason for the season.   

We are also very specific and basic, with our porch lights and decor.

Honored Contributor

I always enjoy the Christmas decor shows and even if I dont buy, I do get some ideas..... This year I have donated a bunch of Christmas decor and threw out some that were just worn out....So there are a few things I need to fill in some gaps....  I did order the frozen berry garland, and also the TSV's "Woodland Deer" and "Peaceful Church" the church is a gift for my sister....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Nothing has wowed me of Valerie's new offerings so far...no complaints either.

It feels good not needing/wanting any more decor...

Honored Contributor

I didnt see anything that I really wanted but I did watch some and always like Rick with Valerie and then Jane Brown. I thought she looked so pretty today.

It really didn't seem like there was much different or really striking things this time around. At least for me.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"