Honored Contributor

I purged so well I donated my wreath🤦‍♀️

[ Edited ]

Things I do when not paying attention🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Two years ago I bought the most beautiful 30" wreath at Home Depot.

Today, I was putting the outside decor up and couldn't figure out where my wreath was.

While sorting in driveway I was making piles & must have accidentally placed it on top of the "free at curb" things which didn't last long -- I'm sad but I'm sure someone is enjoying it!

I'm sure next year I'll find another..or take a trip to HD tomorrow maybe they'll have nice wreaths again.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I purged so well I donated my wreath🤦‍♀️

I am sorry! I hope it turns up. A christmas miracle in the making!

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry for you, but someone was probably thrilled to get it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1

Sorry! Someone is enjoying it. My dad made me a beautiful wreath several years ago. I freshen it up with a new bow every few years....

I need to purge more Christmas stuff.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1

Having done something similar with clothes, I know how you feel. Somewhere someone is wearing that one item that I meant to keep.....what if I ever ran into her ?????

Tonight I am going to " visit " a special, extremely large wreath that my MIL, DH and I contributed our creativity and hardwork into making. DH and I gave it to my college after we realized we couldn't handle its size and weight anymore. It occupies a place of honor and will be enjoyed by many folks over time.

( I posted and described it in a post a week or so ago in " favorite Christmas ornament " )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

It's early, you can buy a new wreath.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1wrote:

Things I do when not paying attention🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Two years ago I bought the most beautiful 30" wreath at Home Depot.

Today, I was putting the outside decor up and couldn't figure out where my wreath was.

While sorting in driveway I was making piles & must have accidentally placed it on top of the "free at curb" things which didn't last long -- I'm sad but I'm sure someone is enjoying it!

I'm sure next year I'll find another..or take a trip to HD tomorrow maybe they'll have nice wreaths again.

Just imagine the Christmas Joy you are giving a family that may not have been able to afford a lovely wreath.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I certainly understand being overwhelmed!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I was going through drawers to donate things I no longer use in my kitchen and I accidently added my favorite pasta tool.....

I know how you feel....