Respected Contributor

I'm glad I said I wasn't going to get any more pumpkins...

I got a few boxes delivered today (and DH has no idea, lol). I received the acorns and candle rings which I haven't had a chance to open yet. I got five sets of pumpkins, yes, five, and the cranberry goblets.

I got the copper pumpkins to go with my large copper pumpkin and gourd and really like them. (Will repost a pic of those big ones.)

I got the woven pumpkins which are nice, nothing to write home about. They aren't perfect, look a little crafty which is fine. I think they'll look good with my swans but I didn't get to try them together.

I got the beaded pumpkins. I like them, but they aren't exactly the burgundy color I was expecting. I wouldn't display them with typical orange pumpkins. I could put them in my guest bath that is yellow and navy, maybe.

Got the gold and chocolate MG pumpkins. They are cute, but they don't wow me. I'm not sure if they look cheesy or not. They might look fine nestled in with other items. Anyone that got these have opinions on them? I'm not even sure they are glass, but I'm not going to drop one to find out. Maybe they are a let down because I was looking online at some of Pier 1's pretty glass pumpkins. They had some white/gold and plum ones I loooooved. But they are pricier.

I really like the goblets. Didn't need them because I do like the chocolate ones I have, but they will be a nice change. As with the chocolate ones, I was wowed when I opened the box. Always bigger than I expect.

So, I quickly unpacked some of my items, didn't feel like taking all the little MG ones out. Laid them out and tried to take some pics. It was tricky because Buddy was too interested in the little woven one. He loves balls and I think he kept thinking it was a new ball to play with. Then he knocked over the gourd. Lol I managed to snap a few pics.

Warning: Dog talk. Buddy and Ruger and our other two got groomed this weekend! Buddy looks so much better, imo, he was looking a little ragged. Ruger's eyebrows were getting so bushy he had to lift his head to see. He always looks so skinny right after he gets groomed. I like it best after it grows out a little. I'm biased, but they are adorable wigglebutts. Rescues are the best!!

Anyway, I cleaned up the styrofoam mess. Yuck.  Poured a cocktail.  And here I am.  

IMG_6617.JPG

IMG_6625.JPG

IMG_6482.JPG

IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_6629.JPG

Pardon any weird typos.  Gotta call and gotta go.  I'll be back!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm glad I said I wasn't going to get any more pumpkins...

@crazycockermom ~ Looks like you got some very nice things!  I was thinking about the woven pumpkins but you mentioned they are just okay?  What exactly didn't you care for?  (I always like to get opinions before I buy something).  You'll have fun setting everything up!

Oh, those dogs!  They are too cute and yes!  Rescues are the best!  We have three ~ a border collie/lab mix, a boxer/hound mix and a redbone coonhound!  Our other two dogs who have passed were rescues, too...

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh at the kids checking out everything.  I got the idea that they haven't decided if they approve or not of all the stuff UPS dropped off in their space.  You may need to do some explaining to them.

Oh, yes, your new items.  Really, when you separate all of them I think you'll like them better.  All together you can't really see  each of them for what they are. JMO of course and my hope for you.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom@Julie928  Do you remember the 3" beaded pumpkins that Valerie sold last year?  They came in a set of six and I have them in Cream and Orange, I don't remember if there were other colors.  The MG ones you have are about the same size I think, maybe a bit larger,  but are lit.  Mine aren't lit but they are great to use in a lot of  places so I think you might find a place for them.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo ~ Yes, funny you mention those!  While going through my autumn bins I came across six orange and six cream beaded pumpkins and couldn't for the life of me remember where I got them, lol!  I love the larger set of three that Jill sold.  I have two sets of the orange but would love the cream as well but it looks like those are long gone.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom@Julie928  Do you remember the 3" beaded pumpkins that Valerie sold last year?  They came in a set of six and I have them in Cream and Orange, I don't remember if there were other colors.  The MG ones you have are about the same size I think, maybe a bit larger,  but are lit.  Mine aren't lit but they are great to use in a lot of  places so I think you might find a place for them.

No but those sound like something I'd really like!  They sound pretty and I like the idea that they aren't lit.   I'm seriously getting tired of batteries.  I picked up the velvet ones, large and small, but the beaded ones sound even better, especially the cream. 

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

Oh your pups are soooooo cute!!! Heart  And I just love how they are interested in decorating too................

Can't wait to see how you display all your purchases!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I had to laugh at the kids checking out everything.  I got the idea that they haven't decided if they approve or not of all the stuff UPS dropped off in their space.  You may need to do some explaining to them.

Oh, yes, your new items.  Really, when you separate all of them I think you'll like them better.  All together you can't really see  each of them for what they are. JMO of course and my hope for you.

lol!   They check out everything.  They are interested in any bag or box brought into the house.  

I hope you're right.  When I buy too much at once, I get overwhelmed.  I usually like to get a few things at a time, but when I'm afraid something is going to sell out, I overdo it.  

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom

Oh your pups are soooooo cute!!! Heart  And I just love how they are interested in decorating too................

Can't wait to see how you display all your purchases!  

Thanks SPURT!   I will definitely be posting pics of my displays. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Julie928   We all waited for those cream pumpkins to come back but it never happened. I didn't get the orange.  I have so many pumpkins but can barely pass up a few. I bought two pumpkins at TJ Maxx last year that are an almost pink color.  Not sure how well they will fit in but the color is to die for.  I like something that is a little eye catching around sometimes.