Honored Contributor

Re: I'm glad I said I wasn't going to get any more pumpkins...

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

51H0Q6yz+kL._SX300_.jpg

@ChiliPepper  Eeeeeeeew!

@ChiliPepper. Not right now.  Lol   Thanks for sharing though.

Trusted Contributor

I had a doctor appointment today.  2 hour drive passing right, almost, by Home Goods.  My car took control and parked by their front door.   They have some beautiful fall decorations at reasonable prices.  It reminded me how much fun it is to actually see and feel items thus knowing I love what I got.  No shipping.  No returns.  Time was short and students were shopping for dorms so no time to shop.  I have to return 1st week of Dec so I am going to check my winter inventory before then.   

I have a HL and TJM 12 miles away.   I need to check them both out soon.  My DIL said fall prices at HL are good now.

Have fun decorating ladies.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@lucymo

Sending my best wishes too for your DH lucymo and for YOU - such things can be VERY stressful on the spouse.

Hugs my Friend!

(((((lucymo)))))

@ChiliPepper

@lucymo

This is SO true, so I quoted it to remind lucy that we're thinking of you and here for you during this trying time.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR thank you for the good wishes.  I so appreciate  them.  I'll be back home on Friday or Saturday.  Maybe I will be interested in decorating for fall when this trip is over.  I've been looking through my fall decor in storage and don't need another thing.  But I'm sure I'll pick up some rings or something.  I did order the hydrangea Garland's on LTS yesterday, got 2.  With free S&H it was a good deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR thank you for the good wishes.  I so appreciate  them.  I'll be back home on Friday or Saturday.  Maybe I will be interested in decorating for fall when this trip is over.  I've been looking through my fall decor in storage and don't need another thing.  But I'm sure I'll pick up some rings or something.  I did order the hydrangea Garland's on LTS yesterday, got 2.  With free S&H it was a good deal.

@lucymo, That was a good deal on the garlands. 

I know you're occupied at the moment, but thought I'd write this to give you something to ponder if you are in need of a distraction. 

I've been thinking about whether or not to paint the pumpkin carriage.  I know that you said you use no black decor, so you'll probably be wanting to paint yours.  I have black here and there, but not much, and prefer bronze. 

I keep looking at the carriage, though, and the black isn't looking bad IMO, because it's more slender and matte than I thought. 

Remember the oil rubbed bronze spray paint that I showed in a pic?  Do you think you'll use something similar to that one, which is very dark?  Or did you buy something else that you'll use? 

Like you said, it's so humid (or rainy) every day that I probably won't paint it anytime soon. 

Safe travels today and hang in there.