Valued Contributor

Re: I'm Seeing A Lot of Christmas Items Listed Under "New Today"

@PA Mom-mom-- So far, I haven't seen anything that's a "must-have."  My expectations are high, so I hope they plan on listing a lot more by the time Sunday rolls around.  I like Valerie's TSV lanterns, but I'm not getting one.  Her new wreath and matching garland is pretty, but not better than what I have.  Of course I may really like it once I see her FB preview, or the live presentation.

Valerie is gonna have more new stuff, right?  Has anyone heard if they're offering free shipping?  Or are they waiting for 7/25 to do that?  I'm probably not gonna buy w/o free shipping.  

I'm seeing new brands of Christmas trees at lower price points.  They don't look any different than what you'd see at Home Depot or Lowes.  Again, the CIJ presentation may prove differently. And what about Bethlehem Lights?  Santa's Best?  I know its early, but arent' they usually on board with CIJ?  I hope these tried and true brands are around this year with new products.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@corita - Just as a "heads up," especially if you have Prime, I recommend checking Amazon for virtually all of the "new" linens and similar soft goods added to QVC's inventory recently; most are offered with lower prices and you will likely enjoy faster shipping. (I've already picked up a couple of items!)

------------

Thanks I will do that!!  I really don't need anything new, but am always looking....

Valued Contributor

Has anyone else noticed the exorbitant prices on the various products being offered by “Mindy’s Munchies?” My jaw hit the floor!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb - I had to check because I'd never heard of that brand, but honestly, even though the treats are expensive, they don't seem much more pricy than other chocolate items the Q offers (and compared to some of the holiday items Martha Stewart brings, they're a steal), and they're pretty much in line with gourmet candy shop pricing. The quality is going to dictate the price, so reviews will be very important.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beauty Maven Free shipping was the first thing I thought of. I saw the Valerie candle rings, and I thought they would be comeptitive with my local Michaels or AC Moore if no shipping fee. I got her iced rings last year "as is" and liked them very much. Also, in regards to trees, it seems they start the Christmas shopping season with one brand and finish out with another. We bought ours at Costco a few years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@corita - Just as a "heads up," especially if you have Prime, I recommend checking Amazon for virtually all of the "new" linens and similar soft goods added to QVC's inventory recently; most are offered with lower prices and you will likely enjoy faster shipping. (I've already picked up a couple of items!)

------------

Thanks I will do that!!  I really don't need anything new, but am always looking....
----------------

@loriqvc 

Meant to add..  just got an email from

Amazon...Prime Days are July 15 and July 16.  Have never bought anything on those days, but there are supposed to be some good deals!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@corita - I have been a Prime customer for a long time, and I must say that the first time "Prime Days" came around, the event was really fun, but in the years since, I've only purchased a couple of silly little things. If you have ideas for items you really want and hunt for bargains by category, I think you'll find better and more interesting deals than you will if you just browse the Lightning Deals or other little sales the site highlights. Electronics in particular seem to have some pretty good savings; I'm just never in the market for them. I hope you enjoy the sale!