Honored Contributor

Re: I'll miss my Holiday friends!

@SHOPR   You all should come join now. There are a bunch from here that made their way there Smiley Happy  They are going to make sub forums in the near future there.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  I guess the Holiday forum is my favorite, and I always look forward to your thoughtful posts, as I look forward to the beautiful photos of trees and decor. Mostly, I enjoy the excitement of CIJ, the growing excitement as we approach the Holidays, and the threads like the recent nostalgic "Christmas trees when you were young.." It's inspiring to see photos of decorations as we get near to each holiday. They get me motivated to finish my decorating - even if it's just for my own satisfaction. I don't post on FB, but I'll check out the new forums suggested by other posters. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the links to ProBoards.  I'll definitely sign up there.  Also, there is a sub-forum on the Houzz Discussion site called Holiday with very little traffic, so that could be a good home, too.  https://www.houzz.com/discussions/holidays

Frequent Contributor

@MominohioI have really enjoyed your posts over the years, and I often found myself nodding in agreement!  As Dorothy said to the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, "I think I will miss you the most!" 

The sharing of pictures and ideas on the holiday forum has been both comforting and inspiring.  I learned so much over the years.  It cost me a little bit of money, too, because I bought many items discussed right here. 

It's been a fun run and I am really sad to see it coming to an end.  Facebook is not conducive to indepth conversation and long running subjects.  I don't feel the same sense of community on Facebook.  I've already joined the Q proboard and look forward to hanging out there.

Honored Contributor

@froggy 

Thank you I just signed up I see a few posters I recognize from here.  I was able to use my avatar & screen name too🙂🙂

now to learn how to navigate it!

thanks again

homedecor🍁🍂🌷

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Thanks for the links to ProBoards.  I'll definitely sign up there.  Also, there is a sub-forum on the Houzz Discussion site called Holiday with very little traffic, so that could be a good home, too.  https://www.houzz.com/discussions/holidays

@Marsha2003  Thanks for this link. I checked it out and it looks great. 

Respected Contributor

Hi holiday friends, the sub category for holiday is now there on Proboards.  Easy to find, several posts in community forum.   Already see many Q posters there signing up.  

I jumped on Wisteria Lane yesterday, but a little too cluttered to me.  Proboards looks more like here.  Please Come and join us.  So glad the holiday talk will be there!  I would have missed this a lot!  I may keep both, we will see.  

Honored Contributor

Its a great new home on the proboards. You will get used to it and its better than the delphi forums.  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

@Mominohio I have always admired your taste and decorating. Although I never said much I was always lurking in the back ground. We have similar taste and I find I’m not in style that much but it’s welcoming and comfortable. I’m from Pittsburgh not far from you, except you have better shops in Ohio!
Anyway, I will miss seeing you decor very much.