Honored Contributor

I'll miss my Holiday friends!

I just wanted to post in this one sub forum, as it is one of my favorites, that I will miss so much, the holiday sharing that has gone on since it was established a few years ago. I'll miss the many pics of each season's decor we all shared, and the input when someone wondered 'does this look better, or does this?'. I will miss the opportunity to connect with you all right at the holiday, when many who have no one else to share with could come here and spend some time with others, that while not really family or in person friends, have become like that for many of us. And mostly, I will miss the Christmas in July fun we have had, sometimes all night long, over the years.

Not sure why QVC is choosing to do this, and I'm not yet aware of the other options they will be offering or where a lot of people will be going, but I doubt I will be following. 

I am a member of a few closed FB groups that deal in subjects I have interest in like canning and stocking, home decorating and holiday stuff, and I guess I will just do my 'interacting' there from now on, or until FB gets to the point I can't stand to be there anymore.

I don't see the reason why Q wouldn't want to maintain these forums, as it keeps us on the site and ready for shopping, where if I'm not clicking in here, I will probably not take nearly as much time to peruse their site.

At any rate, all the great people that have shared here and on the Home forum for so long, I will miss your input and sharing. 

Seems like just another dumb move by QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'll miss my Holiday friends!

@Mominohio 

Well said.

I said yesterday...

This place has been a constant for me for so very long.

It's a place I would come to share or ask things, and to read (or see pics of) what others are liking or doing in relation to MY interests...not family, bills, that kind of thing.

Honored Contributor

We are going to have a new place on the Pro Boards one it is announced by the member here that is making that group Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  I so agree with you! I am so sad not to share our fun and happiness at all the holidays. I do hope there will be another place to meet but I do no social mesia at all so I don't know if it will be possible.Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

I will miss this as well. I have always enjoyed your well thought out comments and will miss them.

Trusted Contributor

Many of my home/holiday purchases have been made because of recommendations from posters.  And vice versa - some things I have NOT purchased because of your not so great reviews.  So thank you for helping me spend my money, and for saving money.Woman Happy   For all those who are moving on to other chat places, I'm thankful QVC gave everyone a months notice instead of shutting this place down like that (insert snapping fingers)  Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

I do not use Facebook nor do I want or intend to join, just not my thing.  I have enjoyed reading and sometimes commenting on specific topics that interest me and I will miss that.  I love the topics like decorating, gardening, cooking, and specifically looking at photos posted of our home decor and holiday decorating.  I like the memory posts like recently what our Christmas trees looked like when we were younger, family traditions, etc.  I found it interesting how we are so geographically apart but so much alike in our memories and our experiences.  

Like others have posted, I check in a few times a day to see what new topics are being discussed and sometimes to find out a news event that just happened and then I usually browse recently aired items, what is coming up on the Q etc. and I must say I have ordered more than I really should have but not having to check in on these boards will actually save me money and time spent browsing around online, so thank you QVC for that.  It has been fun, informative and I have "met" some very nice ladies here so again, thank you QVC for that.

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

We are going to have a new place on the Pro Boards one it is announced by the member here that is making that group Smiley Happy

@CherryHugs 

Do you know if this new place will be able to have sub forums, like Holiday or Home, specifically?  

I am clueless.  

Honored Contributor

I agree that I will miss reading (for the most part) others' posts of how they decorate for holidays, as well as in general. It was fun to see new finds and how they were incorporated with what one already owned. I haven't posted as much in recent times as I did previously, but I still read, most days at some point.
I can't help but feel they (Q) is shooting themselves in the foot with this decision, but so be it. I hardly shopped here in the last several years, so guess I can't say reading here has increased my purchasing with them, but especially the holiday forum made it very tempting to do so.
I do post on several different sub-forums here and although my interest has dwindled in the recent past, I will miss reading and discussing several topics that do interest me.
Not sure if I will be migrating to another forum or not. I checked out the Wisteria Lane forum and found it to be not user-friendly and nothing at all like this one. We will see, I suppose.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I will miss the holiday forum....it has always been such a happy place for the most part and much of the negativity of the other forums isn't felt here.

The sharing of ideas, pictures, thoughts and tips has been inspiring.  Thanks to all of you. Heart