Honored Contributor

Re: I know it is only early May but….

I've always been an early Christmas shopper (for other things too, like Mother's Day or birthdays), and this year is no exception. 

Over the years our gift list got much shorter as people moved out of our life for one reason or another, and I had cut back my 'shop early' attitude and practice. But with the supply issues the last couple of years, I have gone back to my old ways!

Last year, we bought really more than we should for several people, especially the grandkids, so as I was wrapping, I purposely left quite a few things under the bed to use this year for their birthdays and Christmas. 

I tend to shop for a lot of LocknLock for my DIL as they get their food storage set up, and I wait till things are on clearance or on sale and with free shipping, and I pick up things for her all year long, to have ready for the holiday. 

For my son, I see clothing items on clearance for sometimes under $5 at Sam's Club and pick him up things throughout the year to have back for the holiday. 

We also are giving mostly practical things, like one year I bought those big battery organizers they sell here, and filled them completely with batteries for Christmas for my mom and my son. Well received, and rather expensive to put together, but now every year, I pick up the warehouse club packs of batteries throughout the year as they have sales, and give the gift of battery refills every Christmas. 

So yep, there is a whole lot of holiday already under the bed in our spare room! LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: I know it is only early May but….

I had nothing on the agenda early this morning so I pulled out the gifts I've bought for Christmas and birthdays so far and stored them, by person, in an armoire that always holds gifts and mailing supplies.

I am totally done for my sister for both her December birthday and Christmas.

Totally done for my 2 BFF's for their birthdays and Christmas.

And totally done with my 2 other friends.

That leaves me with my grandson, niece, 2 nephews and brother in law.  All of those will be easy, but I won't shop for them till around Thanksgiving. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?