Honored Contributor

Re: I have "mostly" finished my fall decorating but ...

[ Edited ]

@Tennesseegal 

I admire you Fall decorating even when the weather says differently🙂

I honestly had a "meltdown" today because so long since under 90+ and 100% humidity with heat index in 100+ I can't take another minute of it🥵🥵🥵

I miss the seasons, maybe because I just spend a month up north! I certainly enjoyed the crisp cool weather and all the Fall activities.  

Here everyone just stays inside -- lately me included🙄

I used to be up at the crack of dawn -- full of energy...not lately!!!  I have been "looking" at my Fall things yet can't bring myself to do it☹️🙄

Happy Fall🍂🍁🎃

Super Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@onliner wrote:

Haven't started yet, the weather has been strange.  Hot for a few days and then cooler than average.  I have the plumber here this week, and a sick pup so I am aiming for next week - although it is supposed to be in the eighties.

Would love your recipe for pumpkin dump cake if you don't mind sharing- I lost mine and the weather is always great for pumpkin!

@onliner 

I'll share the recipe here but last week I was scolded for putting something in the wrong forum! 

It's so easy; I've been making it for years!

The recipe is 4 ingredients.  A 30 oz. can of pumpkin pie mix, a box of yellow cake mix, 1 1/2 sticks of melted butter, and 1 cup of pecan pieces.  Set oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 casserole.  Then, start dumping!  Put all of the pumpkin pie mix in the casserole, cover with the whole box of cake mix, add the nuts, and then pour on the melted butter.  Bake for about 40-45 minutes.  The top should be browned.  Everyone's oven is a little different.

I shared this recipe with another teacher and she used spice cake mix and said she liked it even better.

Thanks tennesseegal!

I have used this recipe before only substituting canned cherry pie filling for the pumpkin but cherry pie filling is expensive!  I used to take it to the staff room when I was teaching - it always got gobbled up!

If you get scolded for sharing blame me.

Respected Contributor

My inside decorations have been out a few weeks. I took my outside decorations out of the storage building and I'll place them out this weekend. 

Honored Contributor

Ive also ignored the weather here in Texas...usually its a little cooler by now (usually in the 80's) but we've still are in the mid 90's....and we need rain....its all in east Texas....(and my prayers go out to all those experiencing flooding and damage).....

Ive decorated inside, but waiting for the weather to cool down a bit before I put out my fall wreath and some mums....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”