Honored Contributor

Re: I have more bunnies than I thought!!

@crazycockermom wrote:

I love all your bunnies and how you displayed them with different lanterns, etc.   They are all beautiful!   I want to do something like you did and put grass and eggs in a lantern.  And also do something with a cake plate I have.   Where did you get the speckled eggs and what are they made of?

@crazycockermom

I got the eggs at Hobby Lobby, at different times over the last few years. They are really light and hollow, so I'm guessing they are some kind of plastic just painted over. 

I had some more eggs that I picked up at Hobby Lobby many years ago, and they were my favorite, but one year I got them out and the finish had cracked and was crumbling off of every one of them. I don't know if they got too hot in the bedroom closet during the summer or what, but I was sad to see them go. The colors were stunning and I used them for years.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

I love all your bunnies and how you displayed them with different lanterns, etc.   They are all beautiful!   I want to do something like you did and put grass and eggs in a lantern.  And also do something with a cake plate I have.   Where did you get the speckled eggs and what are they made of?

@crazycockermom

I got the eggs at Hobby Lobby, at different times over the last few years. They are really light and hollow, so I'm guessing they are some kind of plastic just painted over. 

I had some more eggs that I picked up at Hobby Lobby many years ago, and they were my favorite, but one year I got them out and the finish had cracked and was crumbling off of every one of them. I don't know if they got too hot in the bedroom closet during the summer or what, but I was sad to see them go. The colors were stunning and I used them for years.

Thanks for the info!  I don't have a Hobby Lobby nearby so I'm out of luck looking there.  Maybe Michael's or JoAnn's?   I just don't get to those places much and don't have a lot of free time to go egg hunting, lol.   I like the way they look in the pics.  Can't tell they are plastic.  Look like they could be tucked lots of places to make anything more springy. 

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

Thanks for the info!  I don't have a Hobby Lobby nearby so I'm out of luck looking there.  Maybe Michael's or JoAnn's?   I just don't get to those places much and don't have a lot of free time to go egg hunting, lol.   I like the way they look in the pics.  Can't tell they are plastic.  Look like they could be tucked lots of places to make anything more springy. 

@crazycockermom

The brown ones look good out all year in a pretty basket or bowl for a country kitchen look too!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio love you decorations. I saw some really great looking ceramic rabbits at a decorator center just the other day, now I wish I would have bought them.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

That brown bunny's cart is empty! He needs some jelly beans or pastel colored M & Ms!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

@Mominohio

That brown bunny's cart is empty! He needs some jelly beans or pastel colored M & Ms!

@flickerbulb

I agree 1000%, but I'm trying not to eat 'bad' things, and if I fill it, I will empty it! 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

That's OK, I will eat them for you! I need to pick up some Easter candy tomorrow. If I have them in a bowl, I will snarf them down quickly!

I get sad when Easter is over because the special candy stops until the fall.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, I always like the vignettes you create with figurines (in this case your bunnies) and lanterns.  All of your displays look so nice for Easter and Spring.  I enjoyed the pics.  :-)

Honored Contributor

No Easter decor at our house this year.  These two were just  living in a hall closet and came out for the holiday.

The one in blue is saying to the other, "Wonder where all the others are.  There's usually a big crowd this time of year".  LOL100_3146.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio  precious..love the blue birds and bunny and the 2 toned look! I too have so many Easter realted items so lovely and bunnies it is insane. Gonna buy the one with the lantern. Just bought the one with mosaic egg and I'm putting my sons photo in a small frame on the holder he has in his paws. It will be one year and April ..and hard as he** but doing it for my 'bunny'... I called him that when he was young

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky