Regular Contributor

I found the best present for my granddaughter!

It's a Charlie Brown record player! It's compatible with electronic media but it's also an actual record player. DH did some checking and there are 3 records stores in our town. I can't wait till Christmas!

If she drives her parents crazy by playing the same song over and over again, that's something they'll have to learn to live with. That's just part of being a parent!

Before you all start ragging on me for trying to torture my son and d.i.l., don't bother. I bought this for my granddaghter's entertainment and joy; no other reason. And I'm sure she'll adore it Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: I found the best present for my granddaughter!

It sounds cute, you sound like you want to driver her parents up a wall...lol  But, have ne fear.  Just like with every other noise making toy she has, they'll know when it's time to tell her to put it away for a while and do something quiet.

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah wrote:

It's a Charlie Brown record player! It's compatible with electronic media but it's also an actual record player. DH did some checking and there are 3 records stores in our town. I can't wait till Christmas!

If she drives her parents crazy by playing the same song over and over again, that's something they'll have to learn to live with. That's just part of being a parent!

Before you all start ragging on me for trying to torture my son and d.i.l., don't bother. I bought this for my granddaghter's entertainment and joy; no other reason. And I'm sure she'll adore it Woman Wink

@Huge Hannah

LOL! Quite the opposite here!

My siblings and I used to buy each others kids at least one super annoying toy every Christmas and try to outdo each other!

Think tambourines, keyboards, drum sets and other toy that made annoying, repetitive noise!

A couple of my nemesis' were Teddy Ruxpin and this pull toy that played Disney's theme to 'It's a Small World', that DD dragged through the house incessantly, LOL!

We always had such fun laughing at what each would have to put up with and trying to 'one up' each other with the annoyance factor!

Fond memories.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah, lol, and didn't we all have to deal with "whatever" our parents gave our own children as gifts. I hope your granddaughter loves her gift.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Huge Hannah  FYI, I saw a lot of vinyl records available at Target.  What a great gift and I'm sure she'll love it!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about Viewmasters?  Paper dolls?  

I guess drums are not a possibility!!!  LOL

Regular Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

How about Viewmasters?  Paper dolls?  

I guess drums are not a possibility!!!  LOL

Sometimes my d.i.l. don't get along very well but not enough that I would do THAT to her Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

My daughter was gifted a Fisher Price toy “radio” that played one song—It’s a Small World. Thought I would lose my mind. Then we went to Disneyland, went on the small world ride and it broke down and had to sit in the car boat listening to that song for an hour—over and over. It was no longer the happiest place on earth.