Respected Contributor

I finished my Christmas shopping

Now granted I only buy for my two DDs, two godaughters and BFF but I finished last night.  I was planning to visit my beach house this weekend to shop the outlets but now I don't need to.  DDs get a large gift bag with about 5 gifts and a gift card.  One godaughter gets a gift card that I mail to her since I often don't get a chance to see her over the holidays.  The other godaughter gets a medium gift bag with 3-4 things and BBF usually gets something for her home that can be appreciated by her family.  She collects snowman so I often get her something with that theme. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I finished my Christmas shopping

I'm done too.  I like being done early and after Thanksgiving I am going to decorate and start wrapping.  I get a week off from work.  All month of December I just enjoy all things holiday.  

I don't have a big list but I do buy several items for my grandkids.  I help out with their Christmas and makes things a little easier for them this time of year.  Part of my daughters Xmas gift.  

My husband and I just get something we both would like to have.  This year we got a new tv for the bedroom.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank God I don't have to do any of that now.  Life has been so much easier without Christmas shopping to think about.  I have sibblings and other family, but we don't do any exchanging of gifts.  If anything, I just bake stuff and bring it to their homes.  Even decortating is at a bare minimum.  No stress holidays, you gotta love it Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It's a good feeling when you're ahead of the game.  I don't have nearly as many people to buy for as I once did, thank goodness.  Just five and that's including my husband and daughter.  My husband and I stopped getting big gifts for each other a couple of years ago.  We put that money towards the house...remodeling, new furniture, etc.  This year we will be on vacation for Christmas.  I only got husband and daughter some small stuff to open a couple of days before we leave.  Not even decorating this year because I don't want to have to deal with it when we get home.

Trusted Contributor

I finished mine as well.  My grandkids are young and are currently into Rainbow High dolls.  Fortunately, I found the exact ones that they wanted.  They are getting other things like the Globe rechargeable nightlights I purchased here.  I know they will be a big hit.  Adorable.  Wish I had gotten a second set but they sold out quickly. And the other thing they want is glasses.  😄.  Obviously they don't need them, but I did find cute rainbow framed ones from Claire's....Must be a fashion statement.  🤷🏻‍♀️.   
I don't have a big family to buy for, so I enjoy shopping for the kids.  

Honored Contributor

I only buy for my DD---then give my son and SO cash. So I am done now too. this year my DD is turning 40 so got her some special things---No grands to buy for--and the family doesn't give gifts any more either which is really ok by me--we get together and have very nice meals that eveyone contributes too.

Esteemed Contributor

I am also done and have been for a little while.  It is easy for me though as I don't have grandchildren so I really just have my adult kids and their SO's.  I started buying early in the year as the sales were great!   My kids get a substantial gift card and I buy them small useful gifts or gifts for their hobbies such as Beekman products, jigsaw puzzles, etc.

DH and I stopped buying gifts for each other many years ago, we'd rather save the money for nice dinners out and vacations.

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1

Have you seen the isle in CVS with the Claire display?!-so many cute unicorn things-I got a unicorn headband for one of my grandaughtersSmiley Happy

Everything there I want (for my grandaughter of course!😅)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I guess that I'm the oddball. I miss the days of Christmas shopping for family, buying gifts, wrapping and looking at packages under tree. 

My family is down to just my husband and me, 2 adult daughters,

son in law and one granddaughter. Now it's just gift cards, cash and maybe a small wrapped gift. Nothing fun or festive in handing over cash and gift cards. I used to love to go to the mall early on Christmas Eve for one last gift and just to watch the shoppers. Oh well life changes but I am not giving up on decorating. 

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Mombo1

Have you seen the isle in CVS with the Claire display?!-so many cute unicorn things-I got a unicorn headband for one of my grandaughtersSmiley Happy

Everything there I want (for my grandaughter of course!😅)

@on the bay    YES!    That is where I found the glasses that the kids wanted.  Thank goodness they had 3 pair left.  They also want the hand sanitizer pouches for their backpacks.. and yes...anything that is Unicorn related is always on the list.  Every time I get a coupon from CVS I check out the Claire display.