Trusted Contributor

Yesterday, I did some decorating for summer. On my front porch, I set out an Uncle Sam birdhouse, my American flags, an antique tennis racket, an antique child's sand bucket and shovel (in reds, blues, yellows, and white).  With my annuals blooming and some blue pineapple pillows, my porch looks very festive and summery.  Several years ago, I planted Bachelor Button seeds in my flower beds. There are bunches of them blooming now in blue and white.  I bought the bicycle spinner from Plow and Hearth and I enjoy how it looks! Let the summer begin!

Honored Contributor

Sounds so cute...would love to see a picture if possible.

Honored Contributor

We have patriotic decorations that will stay out until the middle of July.  Then I'll do some floral themes for the rest of summer.

Esteemed Contributor

that sounds wonderful @Tennesseegal.  If it ever warms up and stops raining, I'll put out my fountain and get the rest of the flowers I bought into pots so I can add them to the porch.  I did put a sunflower pillow out on the bench but until the weather behaves itself, I'm holding off on doing more.

Trusted Contributor

We had an absolutely beautiful day today. It was sunny, breezy, and a high temperature in the 70's!  My flowers and garden and yard are looking great. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds lovely....

Frequent Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

Yesterday, I did some decorating for summer. On my front porch, I set out an Uncle Sam birdhouse, my American flags, an antique tennis racket, an antique child's sand bucket and shovel (in reds, blues, yellows, and white).  With my annuals blooming and some blue pineapple pillows, my porch looks very festive and summery.  Several years ago, I planted Bachelor Button seeds in my flower beds. There are bunches of them blooming now in blue and white.  I bought the bicycle spinner from Plow and Hearth and I enjoy how it looks! Let the summer begin!

This sounds pretty and happy @Tennesseegal!

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal

Your decorations sound wonderful! Woman Very Happy

I decorated with a few Patriotic things right before Memorial Day and will leave it up until July 5th.  Then I will switch to a sunflower theme until fall/autumn............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”