Honored Contributor

Probably because people who are into crafts and those who sell their things at Farmer's Markets and fairs start making their items in the spring and summer.   My friend and her husband supplement their incomes with crafts and handpainted greeting cards and they spend all winter working on their summer items and all summer working on their Fall and Christmas items.  I know that if I go down into their basement workshop now....it looks like an explosion of Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Re: I couldn't believe it!

[ Edited ]

I remember when I went to buy some 4th of July decor last year HL had the fall stuff out and even one Christmas row, but WOW it's not even June yet!!!  I understand things that crafters need time to make, and perhaps some will even make in large quantities to sell at a craft show..........  Oh well, on a hot day it reminds me that a cooler time of the year will be coming and something I can look forward too..........Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

I initially didn't think about crafters needing materials so early for the fall craft shows but I would imagine that most of them also take advantage of after-season markdowns.  Nevertheless, I love fall decorating and I am sure that I will make a few purchases.

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@Spurt

I initially didn't think about crafters needing materials so early for the fall craft shows but I would imagine that most of them also take advantage of after-season markdowns.  Nevertheless, I love fall decorating and I am sure that I will make a few purchases.

@Tennesseegal

I know what your saying...last July I was shocked seeing fall & Christmas, and even asked one of the HL workers if they were closing the store soon and that's why they had put out all this unseasonable merchandise ....he laughed and said no, they are doing quite well and some people like to get a head start on the next season. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I was perusing the Pier1 site and they have about a 100 fall and Halloween items online only.  Nothing will be in the store until July.  I do not decorate for Halloween (just fall/harvest) but if you do they have some cute, ghoulish items available.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

I was in the hobby Lobby today and was shocked. They had fall decor out!  Three rows of stuff and a row of Christmas.  I haven't even put out my summer decor items yet.

i have to admit though that I looked at the fall items!

That is crazy.  I haven't been to HL for a few weeks.  I'll have to go and see what our local store has. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I couldn't believe it!

[ Edited ]

IMG_7149.JPGthanks @Tennesseegal its all your fault I went to HL!!! Lol not really...of course I was amazed all the fall/holiday aisles of beautiful things!

I "browsed" was good! Although, I picked up 4 nice nautical & beach pictures marked down $6.50 each! Kinda glad holiday was out because the summer things are 66% off select home decor items.

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1

I know.  When you are in the mood for summer, at least, those items are on sale!