Trusted Contributor

I was in the hobby Lobby today and was shocked. They had fall decor out!  Three rows of stuff and a row of Christmas.  I haven't even put out my summer decor items yet.

i have to admit though that I looked at the fall items!

Trusted Contributor

I think crafters make Fall and Xmas decorations a couple seasons early so they can sell them well before the holidays. I'm sure that's their target buyer, not the person who gets in their head to buy a bird house and put it together...like me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow! I know the crafters have to get at it early for making and selling, but it it seems earlier every year!

Was it mostly crafting supplies, or was it actual home deocr items @Tennesseegal?

Honored Contributor

I guess fall is the next big decor season.  🍁🍂🍃

Honored Contributor

For me, it's never to early to see fall,

Image result for fall animated images

Respected Contributor

@TennesseegalOK, after reading your post I had to look on their site at the fall. They had 103 items listed, some I remember from last year. 

Esteemed Contributor

They had fall stuff out 2 weeks ago here when I went for some Patriotic decor....

Respected Contributor

Too funny... there always seems to be another season or holiday right around the corner!! 

I think I will enjoy the summer and deal with the fall season and the holiday season starting the middle of August, when I am totally sick of the sun and the heat and ready for a change...

I don't know, for me - fall leaves or santas  just don't seem to  pop into my mind when I am slathering on sunscreen and wearing a swimsuit... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

It was mostly decor items:  pumpkins, signs, figurines and lots of swags and pick.  There were some craft items but I really didn't notice.  I guess it is true that the people who sell handicrafts have to start early but everything is full price now.  There were actually some cute pumpkins and I am sure there will be much more to follow.

i love fall decorating so I have to admit I enjoyed looking but I am not even out of school yet!! I am looking forward to summer!

Valued Contributor

Many years ago I managed a craft department and we always had items available for upcoming seasons.  As another poster noted, many crafters make items to sell and must start early.

If a crafter has an event to prep for, like a wedding, or party, it is smart to prepare ahead.  Customers are going to be looking for pre-season items.  Of course, the seasonal things will be more heavily marketed, but for those folks who wish to get a jump on a season, if you don't carry it they will go elsewhere.