Trusted Contributor

Re: I caved with Harry.......

I ordered both large houses!  I have Harry's Halloween House and love it.  I'm burning a pumpkin cupcake candle (yankee) now while watching the show.  

Valued Contributor

Am I thing only one who is super disappointed QVC didn't offer any shipping discounts?  By the time I put my wish list in my cart, I was over $35 in shipping only. I would rather give that to the vendor, especially Harry Slatkin.

Respected Contributor

Any thoughts on how his diffusers compare to wallflowers at BBW? They look nice, but do I want to have to be stuck buying refills from QVC where they will be pricier?
Respected Contributor

@w84WEN
I feel that way about this whole CIJ event. They gave us one day of free shipping. That's it. Easy pay is not an incentive to get me to buy something. Shipping discounts or buy more save more are incentives for me. I have filled my cart with items before, saw the shipping cost, then took out items because it felt like a waste of money spent on shipping, especially when they often ship items together. Give us a break.
Respected Contributor

When I saw the TSV presentation last night, I thought it was LOVELY for a gift....superb. But for me, I wanted more burn time. 

This morning I saw this thread, & typed in Slatkin in the search bar. There they were....the huge 3-wickers....ooowww....aaahhh... I've missed them so much! I caved & bought 3 different scents duos. The tree scents absolutely warm my heart, & the food scents smell so good throughout the house. I still remember the Winter scent from B&BW (so good). 

Honestly I would love to order all the scents. Harry's "nose" for scents is on spot. And the way they burn...perfection....no pooling. The B&BW candles were trash after Harry left. I haven't shopped there since.

Isn't it funny to be SO EXCITED over candles? I think we all know it isn't easy to find a great candle- no matter how much you spend.

WELCOME BACK HARRY!   Heart

Respected Contributor

@w84WEN wrote:

Am I thing only one who is super disappointed QVC didn't offer any shipping discounts?  By the time I put my wish list in my cart, I was over $35 in shipping only. I would rather give that to the vendor, especially Harry Slatkin.

Yes, the shipping is horrific (I ordered 3 sets of duos- AWFUL S&H!!!) I'd order more of them if it wasn't so insane. 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped and @cancun08  His melts are pure wax with a very high concentration of oil; they melt VERY quickly. What's the big deal? Most melts/tarts are pressed wax beads which contain very low percentages of oil and take a long time to melt. The scent also dissipates very quickly because not ALL the beads contain scent- it's how the save money and make more money off the buying public. It's whatever works for you, in the end.

The shipping sucks. No way around it. I want some of those 3 wicks but I'm already up there with the amount of stuff I ordered. I also want to smell the candles burning so the votives are perfect for me: I know some of them I won't like (fruit scents are EWWW for me) so they will become stocking stuffers. The tins will hold all my other tealights and votives ; perfect for that!

I want to know where all the OTHER Slatkin holiday items are; CS says there are no more beyond the ones on the site for this visit. What a disappointment.

Esteemed Contributor

I was hoping to see the limited edition Smoked Pumpkin Woods candle.  Maybe it will be here for fall shows.

Valued Contributor

I bouught

6 sets of candles

two sets melts

4 diffusers

2 plug ins

both houses

I want more LOL

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam @SHOPR The program guide says that another Homeworx show is scheduled for August 8.  Maybe the items that we didn't see today will be on that show.