Honored Contributor

Re: I broke my New Year's Resolution...

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 wrote:

@Susan Louise ~ I hate to say this, but I would love a good snowstorm right about now.  It would keep me indoors and keep me on track with my project, lol!

Whatever comes your way stay safe & warm, my friend!

@Julie928  I totally understand and still have stuff here to do too, so I can relate...good point and well taken!

And same to you as well Julie...bless your heart  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise Your new botanical garden plates and mugs are really pretty. Glad you love them!

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise- I stopped in Pier 1 yesterday to see what was new for spring.  I didn't see your dishes (and that is a good thing, because they are beautiful and I love botanical anything).  Enjoy them and P.S. your purging efforts inspire me. 

Respected Contributor

Sometimes it's baby steps in reaching our goals.  I was going to purge my linen closet last weekend and still haven't tackled it.  Was too busy re-arranging wall art and mirrors to freshen up the place to care.  However, I did bring a half dozen empty boxes home to start packing the items I'll gathered that will be going to Goodwill.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get to that closet.

Those plates and mugs are beautiful.  I will definitely need to stay out of Pier 1 for the next month or so. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  I think you purged enough to make more than enough space for the few dishes that you brought in. I am a person who tires of using the same dinnerware so I like to do what you did, buy just enough to change out our everyday dishes for the two of us. I purged the dish cabinets a year ago and haven't bought any new yet but I will soon.

I think you have sparked some less stuff packed homes, my friend.  I'm working on mine when I can.  This is my project and it may last most of the year. 

Hope you all got some of this warmer weather that we're enjoying.  60's tomorrow and for a few days and then 40's which is a great improvement over the past week or so.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  I think you purged enough to make more than enough space for the few dishes that you brought in. I am a person who tires of using the same dinnerware so I like to do what you did, buy just enough to change out our everyday dishes for the two of us. I purged the dish cabinets a year ago and haven't bought any new yet but I will soon.

I think you have sparked some less stuff packed homes, my friend.  I'm working on mine when I can.  This is my project and it may last most of the year. 

Hope you all got some of this warmer weather that we're enjoying.  60's tomorrow and for a few days and then 40's which is a great improvement over the past week or so.

@lucymo  Hi Lucy, how have you been? Smiley Happy

The sentence I highlighted in your post is making me scratch my head...lol

As for the weather, we have just been put in a blizzard warning effective from midnight CT til 6pm CT tomorrow...oh goody.

The storm...named Jaxon has literally stalled out over our state...seemingly spinning without any forward motion. North Platte has already seen 20+ inches of snow and they were only expected to get about 5-8". When I looked at our hourly forecast online at the weather channel's site, it will be snowing here for about 12-14 hours before letting up.

I dream of having the temps you'll be having...sounds wonderful! I hope you will get out and enjoy that 60 degree day...maybe take a walk down to your creek with some coffee!

Tomorrow my chore is cleaning the glass in the curio cabinet and then Tuesday will be the wall unit. Then Wednesday-Friday I'll be working on the 2 clothes closets...really dread that chore.

Then next week is washing the walls in the livingroom, bedroom & library room and shampooing the carpets.

It's an uphill climb, but once I'm done I can then look forward to happy chores and start sowing seeds.

You have a great plan with a slow and steady pace Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

As for the weather, we have just been put in a blizzard warning effective from midnight CT til 6pm CT tomorrow...oh goody.

The storm...named Jaxon has literally stalled out over our state...seemingly spinning without any forward motion. North Platte has already seen 20+ inches of snow and they were only expected to get about 5-8". When I looked at our hourly forecast online at the weather channel's site, it will be snowing here for about 12-14 hours before letting up.

I dream of having the temps you'll be having...sounds wonderful! I hope you will get out and enjoy that 60 degree day...maybe take a walk down to your creek with some coffee!

Tomorrow my chore is cleaning the glass in the curio cabinet and then Tuesday will be the wall unit. Then Wednesday-Friday I'll be working on the 2 clothes closets...really dread that chore.

Then next week is washing the walls in the livingroom, bedroom & library room and shampooing the carpets.

It's an uphill climb, but once I'm done I can then look forward to happy chores and start sowing seeds.

@Susan Louise  I guess I didn't explain my thoughts very well.  What I meant in the highlighted sentence was you have inspired us to clean out unused or unwanted things so our homes aren't so packed with stuff. I meant it in a good way.  lol

I'll be thinking of you all in the grips of the winter storm.  We're going to cool down but just to the 40's for high temps so not too bad.  We had thunderstorms very early this morning but passed through very quickly and the sun came out.  Only thing was high wind gust and not nice to walk in but still thankful that the snow has melted in the warmer temps.

Take care, drink lots of hot chocolate or coffee and stay warm.  Spring will come and we'll all be back outside with fresh air and warm temperatures. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  I guess I didn't explain my thoughts very well.  What I meant in the highlighted sentence was you have inspired us to clean out unused or unwanted things so our homes aren't so packed with stuff. I meant it in a good way.  lol

I'll be thinking of you all in the grips of the winter storm.  We're going to cool down but just to the 40's for high temps so not too bad.  We had thunderstorms very early this morning but passed through very quickly and the sun came out.  Only thing was high wind gust and not nice to walk in but still thankful that the snow has melted in the warmer temps.

Take care, drink lots of hot chocolate or coffee and stay warm.  Spring will come and we'll all be back outside with fresh air and warm temperatures. 

@lucymo  Thanks for explaining Lucy Smiley Happy

I've been working hard on household chores lately...really want to be finished by the end of next week. I was hoping to be done by now with the big stuff.

I did finish our closets...boy, that was painful. It was more accepting on how far along I am in life and what just wouldn't look good on someone my age anymore. That was harder than just getting rid of clothes because my taste had changed or I didn't wear a particular size anymore.

Life can be cruel at times...LOL

The glass in the wall unit and curio cabinets are done, but I have still have to wash walls and shampooing of the carpets in 3 rooms and the stairs that lead to the basement.

It could be worse I tell myself...I could still have the task of the clothes closets...HA!

I saw one of your posts on another thread that you weren't feeling well. I hope you are doing much better now and recovering my friend *Hugs*

As for the weather...snow again tomorrow night...1-3"...not bad, but we remain in the freezer temp wise.

I took the pic below a few days ago showing our Christmas catus still blooming and the African violet blooming well too...leaving one blind open showing the snow outside. There was too much glare trying to take the pic with both blinds open. Anyway, the flowering plants give a sense of 'Spring' for me with blooming flowers Smiley Happy

P4490573.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Thanks for sharing the picture of the cactus and African violet.  Made me think of my sweet Mom who could have a string of the African violets and they would bloom so pretty.  She lived to be 991/2 years old and kept those flowers until about a year before she passed. She was a gardener, loved flowers and flowering vines like Cardinal vine, Black eyed Susan vine, Mandevilla and morning glories were some of her favorites.

Sounds like you're making progress.  I know about the clothes closet cleanout.  Some things just don't look as good on me as they used to.  I think it's because my body parts have shifted.  What used to be up there is now down here.  LOL  Anyway, you are my inspiration and I'm slowly making a showing.  My DH is so proud of me and joyfully hauling loads of my donations to the mission. Smiley Happy  He is disappointed  if I don't have a load a week.  He doesn't think I need all of these clothes and decor.  He would have a lamp on the end tables and the TV remote on the coffee table.  lol  He does love the Christmas decorations though.

We are cold here too but the ice storm didn't cause much disruption in local activities so we were lucky with that.  Stay warm and healthy.  Flu is bad here in our area.  I just suffer chronic Vertigo since I had the stroke fifteen years ago.  Some days not bad others shut me down.  I'm pretty strong though and manage to go most of the time.  Thanks for the good wishes.

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise

I'm a little late here in replying, but I like those cups and plates you bought! My weakness is pretty plates and Pier One is just a mile down the road, but I haven't ventured into there because I will cave. I just got rid of another couple of sets of dishes and have one more I'm contemplating.