Honored Contributor

I am sorry you are all sad. I hate being sad.  It's the worst.  I just wanted to say that I wish your sadness is brightened a bit by something in your life that can bring a ray of sunshine and lighten your mood.  You have to try.  Someone out here is praying for you tonight.

Honored Contributor

I spent Thanksgiving alone but made a turkey and sides and watched March of the Wooden Soldiers which is my tradition on that day.,  While wishing I had company as I always used to have, I was okay and got through it.

I think it isn't only being alone at Christmas  which brings sadness but it also reminds us of Christmases gone by and all those who are no longer with us.  Traditions change but the memories of our loved ones who have passed are safe within our hearts.

Happy healthy 2021 to all of you!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I am sad today

[ Edited ]

You're not alone in how you are feeling.

We knew all along that we would be celebrating Christmas as a family of four yesterday. I am grateful to have my husband and daughters, but I didn't think I would be as upset as I ended up feeling yesterday.  The weather was horrible and everything just seemed depressing.  It was like any other day except for the fact that my kids opened their Christmas presents.  Family plays such an important role for many of us during the holidays and it's very upsetting when that is taken away from us.  I know I am lucky because many people were actually alone, but I still missed our parents and extended family.  Phone calls and FaceTime just didn't cut it for me.

It was especially sad when I went on fb yesterday and saw how many people were celebrating like normal.  It made me wonder if I should have done the same, but I know in my heart that wouldn't have been the right choice for our family.  It just hurt a little to see people dressed up, laughing, drinking, and acting like nothing is wrong.  Instead my family and I were dressed in our Christmas Pajamas.

Oh well. 

Trusted Contributor

I was sad yesterday as well.  This was the first Christmas without my husband.  I think my daughter and her husband did reasonably well considering.  It was the first time since my folks passed that I can remember NOT looking forward to Christmas.  Yes there were many tears but there were also great memories and some laughter.  

I think we made the best out of a really sucky situation.  I hope everyone gets to see their loved ones soon

Honored Contributor

it is one day out of our lives and you can do anything one day at a time

we face time 2- 3 days a week with our kids. not the same of course but it works for now

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all. I just had a few moments of sadness.I am off to the gym this morning. I am sure the grocery store will be busy with people buying half off items and returning things they don't want. I hope anyone who was feeling a little blue is feeling a little better. I am praying for some sort of normalcy soon. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl   That's more than a bummer. I do hope you're able to get to the beach soon. In the meantime, concentrate on getting stronger and feeling better, so when the weather warms up, you'll be on the road and bound for the beach.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's the day after Christmas.........I'm sad, too.  I was yesterday, too.  We were together thru Zoom, but no human contact and live togetherness. 

I guess be thankful for that much and I am, but I don't know how many more Christmases I will have and this has been bad.  Many birthdays before and after and New Years to get thru yet.

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach   IMHO, you did the right thing staying home with your family. The many who traveled against the CDC guidelines, may pay the price for being with their family for a few days. Some may never see them again. Now THAT'S very sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am sad today

[ Edited ]

Hope this sadness is better today.  Special days can be hard with this new way of life.

What made me sadder yesterday was seeing how many were out and about as if nothing was amiss.  

Looks this is going to drag out.