Trusted Contributor

I honestly didn't think it would bother me too much to be alone today since I can't go see my kids. But it did make me sad. I saw the pictures and got a little sad,. It will be OK and I'm glad they had fun but I will be glad to visit again. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.   

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva   I understand.  I'm a little sad today, too.  My father died last year on Christmas day.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I'm sad too. This is the first Christmas in a long time that I have spent alone. My family all Iive out of town but I talked to my both of my children this afternoon and spoke to my oldest granddaughter this morning. One of the other grandkids sent me a text to thank me for her gift. I haven't seen any of them in over a year and I miss them so much. I can't wait for this day to be over.

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean. DH and I spent today alone. Yesterday DD was over. It was real simple. A casserole, salad, rolls, and one dessert salad. Today she had the big Christmas at her home. This is our first time of missing our Christmas get together ever.I miss seeing my grandkids and great grandson gathering around the table, opening gifts, and playing games.

DH and I have had a nice quiet Christmas day but it feels very different from what  we are used to.  Next year should be better for all of us. Merry Christmas to you and a better one next year! 

Trusted Contributor

I made my mom's recipe today for stuffing and remember all the good times we had over the years making it together. She's been gone now for for 17 years but I sure miss her.  Christmas was her birthday.  I try to remember what they say - don't be said for what you've lost, be happy for what you had.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am sad today

[ Edited ]

@KCDiva @BunSnoop @jubilant @Buffalogal47 @NickNack 

I'm feeling badly for all of you that posted that you had a lonely day. The year will be over soon and hopefully 2021 will bring better times with family and friends. 

I do understand. We've spent Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, both granddaughter's birthdays and every moment we could have been together...we've been alone. 

Loving thoughts to all from Shanus.

Valued Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@KCDiva   I understand.  I'm a little sad today, too.  My father died last year on Christmas day.

I am so sorry to hear that @NickNack . I know many of us are feeling "out of sorts" today. But my heart aches to think about how additionaly challenging it is for you. 

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I am so sorry to hear that @NickNack . I know many of us are feeling "out of sorts" today. But my heart aches to think about how additionaly challenging it is for you. 

Thank you very much @Mellyg .  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Re: I am sad today

[ Edited ]

Hugs to all and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays! DH and I were going to pack up and spend Christmas at Myrtle Beach. Being in palliative/hospice I honestly dont know how many more December holidays I have left so was going to get a suite and look at the ocean. Woke up in so much pain, unable to walk, is very cold there so we stayed home. A wee bit bummed..but maybe will warm up there is a few weeks and will try again. I miss ya'll as I dont get on here as often. I wish all of you a wonderful New Year!........Stormy

Respected Contributor

Best wishes for better days for everyone.  I had a great day.  Normally, I am rushed off my feet to get everything done, but this year, I was able to ignore traveling, cooking and cleaning and just enjoy the peace and joy of the day.  We had a family Facetime call this morning with my aging parents and a long Facetime call with our daughter and son-in-law last night.  I was actually able to have a conversation with them because, unlike most years, I didn't have a list of tasks to accomplish.