Trusted Contributor

I am Ready for Christmas in July Movies!!!

Well, it too three and a half hours for two men to do the work, and they had to go in the attic and most of my house, but I got cable run outside to my shed!

They ran a new, dedicated cable for the shed and ran the cable across the backyard. A separate guy came today to trench the cable.  So the house cable does not have a splitter that branches to the shed.

I was exhausted because I worked all day and had to "assist" when they needed to get into an area.

But, it is done! I purchased a new TV with DVD a couple of months ago so I just need to hook it up.

Now I can sit in my little air conditioned shed equipped with cable and watch when Hallmark starts playing the Christmas in July movies! I can organize my decorations with movies playing!

I am thinking of setting up one of the big Christmas trees in there and keeping it up all the time. My Christmas cottage is almost the way I want it!

Valued Contributor

Re: I am Ready for Christmas in July Movies!!!

Love the Christmas in July movies on Hallmark! Smiley Happy And congratulations on your new cable hook-up. What a nice little cozy place to escape the Summer heat and relax and enjoy the Hallmark channel.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @LeoGrl !

It is so nice out there and seems like a different place to get away and sit! I added a flower bed to the front so it does not look so bare.

Honored Contributor

Sounds great.  I come up with all kinds of ideas, but don't act on them.  🎅

Respected Contributor

That's awesome! So happy that you are creating such an awesome shed. I, however, am not ready for Christmas in July anything. I finally finished putting away my Christmas decor last weekend. I have enough!!! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Not quite sure I understand the thing about the shed, but your story reminds me of the commercial where the woman cave is a little shed with frilly curtains.  I read and watch Christmas books/movies year round.

Respected Contributor

How fun ! Like your very own big girl play house! Can you post a picture ? 

Trusted Contributor

@Azcowgirl @AuntG

I will post some updated pictures. I posted pictures last summer when they delivered it and placed it by crane! If you search "shed" on the Home forum, they should pop up.

It is really cute and I added lace curtains and carpet inside. I just have to organize my holiday decor to make it neat and organized. My little dog loves to come inside and sit with me!

I have a smaller chair from Ikea in there and she loves to sit on the chair while I work. The cable TV will just make it more homey! It is not your father's toolshed!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I checked out the pictures........cute, cute ! 

I was all ready to order one last summer, but a sudden job

relocation for DH changed everything quickly...now I have a guesthouse, which is will serve as my she shed but on a little larger scale (:

cant wait to see what fun things you do with it (:

enjoy !

p.s.....I decorate the guesthouse for Christmas and rotate the decor through out the year (:

Honored Contributor

I'm giving some old Hallmark Christmas movies a try again.

I watched Journey Back to Christmas with Candace Cameron Bure, the one about the nurse in WWII who travels to 2017.

I got past the annoying part in the beginning and finished it.  It was touching, still not a favorite.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN