Respected Contributor

Re: I Cheated For Easter Dessert! What Are You Doing?

[ Edited ]

I'm  making Coconut Cream Cake, Magnolia Bakery's Banana pudding and Ambrosia. I usually cheat with carrot cake and a white cake when I host dinner. But thanks to Covid, this year ds and ddil(there the only ones in our bubble) are the hosts! So no big cooking for me! Happy Easter everyone!🐰🐣✝️🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Will make 8x8 pans of lemon bars, lime bars and orange bars. It's the same basic recipe with different zest and juices and dusted with powdered sugar. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - When you make your orange bars, do you do anything special to amplify the orange flavor? I've tried using my standard lemon bars recipe and substituting orange, but the result is never "orangey" enough.

Trusted Contributor

When my mom lived in an adult care home the caretakers would get the Tuxedo Cake for the residents for their birthdays.  I had never heard of this type of cake before but I am so hooked on it. It is so delicious. Now my hubs gets me one for my bday every year. 

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@AuntG - When you make your orange bars, do you do anything special to amplify the orange flavor? I've tried using my standard lemon bars recipe and substituting orange, but the result is never "orangey" enough.

Yes @loriqvc , the flavor comes from Triple Sec liquor and a bit of orange extract, and orange juice too.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - Thanks for your reply. All of those additions make sense—I was hoping you might have a trick for just using more orange zest or juice or something natural, since I'm sensitive to the alcohol in extracts and booze. I'm sure your orange bars are extra delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

I made this cake. It has crushed pineapples, bananas, banana pudding, cool whip and roasted coconut and added some peeps

CC71255F-B03C-40C5-9CC0-5EAAF57F99A9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak 

Looks 😋 yummy!

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I made this cake. It has crushed pineapples, bananas, banana pudding, cool whip and roasted coconut and added some peeps

CC71255F-B03C-40C5-9CC0-5EAAF57F99A9.jpeg

Very festive !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I got this at Publix. It is a Berry Cream Tart. 

Oblong Berry European Cream Tart