Honored Contributor

I Cheated For Easter Dessert! What Are You Doing?

[ Edited ]

Yep, I did.  I work so much, have done strawberry so often, I love strawberry but wanted something different!

I went to Fresh Market and we are having Strawberry Tuxedo Cake.  The one they do in chocolate has been amazing at Christmas.  I will be on my feet all day cooking everything they consider "The Holiday", but I want our grandsons to have tradition in their lives.

My DIL, I adore but isn't really a cook, and works, so much I wouldn't ask, nor do I want to.

This is the chocolate.  I can't find a picture of the strawberry choice.

Is there a decent chocolate snack to be had? - Page 3 - Blogs & Forums

Respected Contributor

Re: I Cheated For Easter Dessert! What Are You Doing?

@ECBG  Mmmmmm, does that look yummy!  We are making homemade cream puffs.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

Never heard of this, but it looks beautiful and sounds yummy.

And....what time is dessert being served...wouldn't want to miss it Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

That looks delicious, @ECBG !  Your family is in for a treat!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG I cheated too!  It's only DH and Pop and I, so I purchased a small 6" cheesecake from the same store - Fresh Market! Their specialty cakes are awesome.  Love the chocolate Tuxedo cake and requested that DH get me that for my birthday last October.  

Mom always made the most incredible cheesecake for Easter and I have the recipe, but it was HUGE and I so didn't want all that extra around the house afterward.  I'll hit it with some sliced strawberries and whipped cream and everyone will be happy.  

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@ECBG I cheated too!  It's only DH and Pop and I, so I purchased a small 6" cheesecake from the same store - Fresh Market! Their specialty cakes are awesome.  Love the chocolate Tuxedo cake and requested that DH get me that for my birthday last October.  

Mom always made the most incredible cheesecake for Easter and I have the recipe, but it was HUGE and I so didn't want all that extra around the house afterward.  I'll hit it with some sliced strawberries and whipped cream and everyone will be happy.  

@Sammijo10 

When I was at FM around 5pm, the counter had a lot of space.  Was your's the same?

The pie table wasn't down at all.  I'd LOVE a cherry pie, but DS hates cherries with a passion!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG , there was plenty to choose from when I went today.  I've had the strawberry cream cake from there before and it's delicious!  Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@ECBG , there was plenty to choose from when I went today.  I've had the strawberry cream cake from there before and it's delicious!  Have fun!

@Sammijo10 

Now this is the bar cake with strawberry, not a round layer cake.  Is that what you had???

Frequent Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Yep, I did.  I work so much, have done strawberry so often, I love strawberry but wanted something different!

I went to Fresh Market and we are having Strawberry Tuxedo Cake.  The one they do in chocolate has been amazing at Christmas.  I will be on my feet all day cooking everything they consider "The Holiday", but I want our grandsons to have tradition in their lives.

My DIL, I adore but isn't really a cook, and works, so much I wouldn't ask, nor do I want to.

This is the chocolate.  I can't find a picture of the strawberry choice.

Is there a decent chocolate snack to be had? - Page 3 - Blogs & Forums

That's not cheating.  That's genius.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ECBG 

Never heard of this, but it looks beautiful and sounds yummy.

And....what time is dessert being served...wouldn't want to miss it Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman 

We will probably have dessert about 7:30.  I don't do "lunch" then everyone is looking for something before bed time.  

I do a real dinner (not lunch), (I'm sure everyone also does for holidays as well) served so you aren't ravished at bed time.  Kids can't take it.

Please come.  I live in the "Land Of The Sky".