Honored Contributor

Re: I Cheated For Easter Dessert! What Are You Doing?

@ECBG , What I'm making is so easy, you might as well call it cheating. 

Lemonade Pie

Beat 1 pkg. ( 8oz. ) cream cheese with 1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk. 
Then beat in 3/4  cup of thawed lemonade concentrate.   
Fold in 1 thawed carton of cool whip and pour into a 9 " graham cracker crust.

If you want that lemon color, add som yellow food coloring. 

It's beyond easy, very good and looks like spring. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I'll bet that Strawberry cake will be a big hit.

I am making a traditional chocolate cake with coconut frosting decorated with fruity jelly beans... And I am making homemade rice pudding.  It wouldn't be Easter without them.

I am not a big cake baker...I'd rather make a pie, but occasionally I surprise everyone..

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@ECBG , there was plenty to choose from when I went today.  I've had the strawberry cream cake from there before and it's delicious!  Have fun!

@Sammijo10 

THANKS!!!!  Always more than nice to hear!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   looks delish!  Allowed to cheat, we don’t have a fresh market here.  I sometimes cheat with a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.  

@QVCkitty1   We called that million dollar pie growing up.  I’m making it too.  We always beat the lemonade concentrate in while still frozen.  Yum!  I don’t use the food color.  It’s delicious!  A wonderful spring/summer treat.  

Everyone enjoy your Easter meals and desserts!  

Respected Contributor

I cheated also....I bought (huge) carrot cupcakes from Costco.  One cupcake will easily feed 2 people. Yummy.

Respected Contributor

That looks yummy! I often “cheat” and just get desserts from Costco. They are delicious and better than what I could make. Saves me so much time and headaches.

However, this year the men (my dad and husband) wanted a non-traditional Easter dinner. I always look forward to the traditional meals, especially the ham with cherry sauce (DH’s mom’s recipe). But tacos will save me so much time, I’ll actually be able to prep things beforehand and enjoy having company. Usually I am so busy in the kitchen I don’t get to enjoy time with guests.

However, since dinner will be easy, I’m going to make my DH’s mom’s easy peasy peach pie, as she calls it. It is more like a cobbler. It is soooo easy to make and so delicious!!!
Respected Contributor

I cheated to...a little.  I will make my own rice pudding but I also bought a carrot cake bar from Publix.  It's the same size as your Tuxedo Cake.  I didn't want to make a big cake and the size it just right for me, husband and daughter.

Honored Contributor

We have lots of chocolate candy goodies for dessert. We gave up all candy for Lent so I am looking forward to indulging in a few pieces Sunday. I am also going to make some homemade roll out sugar cookies in a butterfly shape with pink & purple sugar decorations. 

Valued Contributor

Tuxedo cake looks great,  not cheating...genius!

We are having brunch this year, no traditional dessert but mini cinnamon rolls and mimosas are on the menu. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't "cheated" yet, but I'll be doing so tomorrow—headed to a great local bakery first thing in the morning to pick up whatever looks irresistible.  Smiley Happy