Valued Contributor

Hydrangea wreath used for table centerpiece?

Is it OK to use one of Valerie's Hydrangea wreaths for a table centerpiece? I put one of her angels in the middle of the wreath, but am not sure if it will look too "busy".  Thanks for any advice you can give this novice "decorator".

Respected Contributor

Re: Hydrangea wreath used for table centerpiece?

Absolutely.  Valerie does this often, and it works fine.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I use a lot of wreaths for centerpieces.....I also put a big glass hurricane glass in the middle with a battery timer candle in it.

Honored Contributor

Of course you can use a wreath as a centerpiece!  If you own it, you can do anything you like.  Try it with a variety of things in the middle.  Big candles are popular.  Most people use trial and error in deciding on the "look" they favor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have one right now on my dining table, with a lantern and a candle in it. it looks very pretty.I have seen Valerie do this often!

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely!  I currently have a hydrangea and bird's nest wreath as a centerpiece on our coffee table.  I placed a larger bird's nest with some resin birds in the middle.  I change the wreaths out for the seasons.  I love doing that!  Set it up as you like then go back and look at it again in the morning.  See how you like it ~ my guess is you'll love it!  :-) 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carol08 wrote:

Is it OK to use one of Valerie's Hydrangea wreaths for a table centerpiece? I put one of her angels in the middle of the wreath, but am not sure if it will look too "busy".  Thanks for any advice you can give this novice "decorator".

@Carol08  Absolutely, I used a hydrangea wreath as an Easter centerpiece last year, looked wonderful, in my opinion. Smiley Happy

DSCF0074.JPG

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Carol08 wrote:

@Carol08  Absolutely, I used a hydrangea wreath as an Easter centerpiece last year, looked wonderful, in my opinion. Smiley Happy

DSCF0074.JPG

@mousiegirl  I think that looks great.  I love to use wreaths as rings around larger pieces too.

I don't get on here much anymore but miss chatting with you.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Carol08 wrote:

DSCF0074.JPG

@mousiegirl  I think that looks great.  I love to use wreaths as rings around larger pieces too.

I don't get on here much anymore but miss chatting with you.

@lucymo  We will be chatting in three months, lol, this thread will be buzzin'!

Finally, today we have beautiful weather, no more rain for a while, so have been gardeinng daily, even in the cold, windy weather.  Pups are happy to be out every day, instead of periodically due to the rain.  A few daylilies are blooming, and irises, still hoping that most of the iris will bloom this year,  no excuse for them not to in their new beds. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Sure, why not.  It would look lovely.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust