Valued Contributor

Will the hydrangea candle rings fit around Valerie's lighted pedestals?

Honored Contributor

Re: Hydrangea candle rings

[ Edited ]

@Carol08 wrote:

@Carol08 wrote:

@Carol08  Rings 10"Diam x 3"L; Inner 4-1/4"Diam.  My pedestals are 5," and I find these measurements a bit confusing.  Maybe Valerie will explain in her show. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carol08, The rings are supposed to have a 4-1/4" inside diameter.  If that is accurate, they should be fine placed on top of either the set of 2 square bottomed lit pedestals or the newer set of 2 with mirror inserts, H208606.

The photo below (which came from item H208606) shows what looks like the new rings atop the newer pedestals.  HTH.

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/06/h208606.004

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Carol08  Rings 10"Diam x 3"L; Inner 4-1/4"Diam.  My pedestals are 5," and I find these measurements a bit confusing.  Maybe Valerie will explain in her show. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, Hey mousiegirl. :-)  I didn't see your reply.  I think this probably means that they are around 3 inches tall and around 10" wide from tip to tip of the outermost leaf tips.  If they are a true 4-1/4" inside diameter, that's great for many holders and for our 3.5" thick candles, but there may be some pedestals that are too narrow for these rings, and the rings may slip down. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really like these.  Since I already have the Chloe set of 5 rings from Grandin Road, I have no excuse to buy these.  Although my Chloe rings are driving me nuts, with pieces falling off at every opportunity, they serve their purpose and look good when arranged, excluding the fallen debris.  :-(

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for your feedback, ladies.  I was trying to figure out if you could use the equation for the circumference as pi times d (diameter).  I took geometry back in the Jurassic period, when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth. LOL

Thanks for the picture.  They are larger than what I thought, and I hope Valerie discusses the size during one of the programs tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl, Hey mousiegirl. :-)  I didn't see your reply.  I think this probably means that they are around 3 inches tall and around 10" wide from tip to tip of the outermost leaf tips.  If they are a true 4-1/4" inside diameter, that's great for many holders and for our 3.5" thick candles, but there may be some pedestals that are too narrow for these rings, and the rings may slip down. 

@SHOPR  Exactly.  As I mentioned, I measured my square and round pedestals and they are five inches so the rings would be too large.  what was Valerie thinking?  She much know that people buy the rings hoping they will fit the pedestals.

i bought the white to go on top of the changing colors mosaic tall cylinders of a year or more ago, which sit on my kitchen bakers rack, as I have a white and green garland and for lack of a better word swags but with a hook on the top which I have hanging on the points at the top of the rack.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I really like these.  Since I already have the Chloe set of 5 rings from Grandin Road, I have no excuse to buy these.  Although my Chloe rings are driving me nuts, with pieces falling off at every opportunity, they serve their purpose and look good when arranged, excluding the fallen debris.  :-(

@SHOPR  I have these also, which were used them in my Easter display last year which pictures I will post this year as didn't last year.

Speaking of pieces falling off, do you remember Valerie's garlands with red bells of a few years ago?  Well, I have a plastic baggie of the pieces that have fallen off and use them to slide between the slats, at Christmas, of Valerie's double bird cages that are on the island all year, works perfectly, but it is very annoying when pieces fall off of somethign one pays good money for.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Carol08, The rings are supposed to have a 4-1/4" inside diameter.  If that is accurate, they should be fine placed on top of either the set of 2 square bottomed lit pedestals or the newer set of 2 with mirror inserts, H208606.

The photo below (which came from item H208606) shows what looks like the new rings atop the newer pedestals.  HTH.

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/06/h208606.004

@SHOPR  So if they fit on top of the pedestals, what happens to the other five inches of diameter?  Math wasn't my best subject, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  So if they fit on top of the pedestals, what happens to the other five inches of diameter?  Math wasn't my best subject, lol.  

@mousiegirl, LOL I don't like math either!

Imagine, from left to right, approx 3 inches of greenery and flowers on the left side of the candle, approx 4 inches of space inside the ring where the candle sits, then another 3 inches of greenery and flowers on the right side of the candle = 10 inches diameter.  :-)