Trusted Contributor

Re: How long do you leave Christmas decorations up?

@Spurt wrote:

I decorate the first or second weekend in November and take the Christmas decorations down the weekend following New Years....

I do the same thing, but I do leave a Winter Tree and Winter decor up until the end of February.

Respected Contributor

I used to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving and undo after Epiphany (sometimes even waiting til mid January.)

Over the years this has changed and I now start around December 10 and it takes me about 3 days to finish (I sure have slowed down).  And now I'm ready to have my house back to normal and undecorate right after New Years.  Probably because even the grandkids are grown and Christmas seems over after the Christmas Eve and Christmas day family get togethers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I decorate seasonally instead of holidays I leave it up until February. No tree, no coffee table. So mainly mantle, dining table, one side table.  Makes it easy to dust.

Trusted Contributor

I usually start putting the Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving.  There's nothing in the world that would make me want to go out shopping on Black Friday weekend.  I take them down on New Year's day.  I usually have family and friends dropping by over the course of the day to grab something to eat and I can press them into service.

Honored Contributor

My husband is an orthodox Christian.  His Christmas is January 7th so we leave the decorations up until about a week after that.

Most of my neighbor's do also..even those who are not orthodox Christians.   In fact, most of the community does.  There are many orthodox churches in my area.

Respected Contributor

We usually take them down either New Years Day or the following day.     I know some people who say they can't wait for them to be taken down but I always feel like the house seems empty once the tree comes down and the lights are gone.  

It usually takes me a few days to get used to the tree being gone but then I snap back and get into my regular household routine.

Respected Contributor

Our tree and decorations start going up the day after Thanksgiving and come down right before New Year’s. It feels like a fresh start to the new year 🙂.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a set date to take them down.  I try to do it the first week of January.  I like to get everything cleaned and put away by then. 

Respected Contributor

We take down our Christmas tree and some decorations in January, the day of Epiphany. We leave up Winter decorations. Snowmen, Jingle bells, Wreaths.

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

My mother's tradition was to take down after Epiphany Jan 6th so I follow that old tradition.  It gives me a reference to go by. 

@LizzieInSRQ  ~ Me too!  🎄🙋🏻