Valued Contributor

How long do you leave Christmas decorations up?

Trusted Contributor

Re: How long do you leave Christmas decorations up?

OP, tell me your own answer, I'll tell you mine?  

Respected Contributor

My mother's tradition was to take down after Epiphany Jan 6th so I follow that old tradition.  It gives me a reference to go by. 

Honored Contributor

I put up my Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, and take them down usually the first weekend after the New Year.

Respected Contributor

They go up over the Thanksgiving holiday and then we take them down the week after Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I decorate the first or second weekend in November and take the Christmas decorations down the weekend following New Years....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

until around New Years

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Put them up two weeks before Christmas, take them down on the 26th. So, two weeks for us. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Decorations come out and the tree goes up on Friday, after some shopping and continues throughout the weekend.

Will start taking some things down the first weekend in January (NYD is on a Wednesday) and the big tree will come down the following weekend. The "winter tree": in my front room window will stay until February, as It is a 4 foot flocked tree with clear lights and clear, white & silver ornaments. Not Christmas-y, so pretty, and I enjoy having the extra light in my home.

We will see if I pare down even more than I did last year. That did not work for my Fall decor....

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

My mother's tradition was to take down after Epiphany Jan 6th so I follow that old tradition.  It gives me a reference to go by. 

I agree with @LizzieInSRQ   Christmas is a Holy Season and the Christmas season officially ends with the Epiphany.