Super Contributor

Re: How far in advance do you decorate before a holiday?

I am a retired teacher and I did all that in my classroom for 30 years. It depends on the season/holiday.  Usually 4 weeks before.  Christmas decorating maybe a little more. Decorations for other seasons/holidays are minimal and take very little time to set up.

Respected Contributor

It usually depends on my mood and energy level and also what I have going on in my life.

I do decorate less for holidays now, as opposed to the past but still go all out for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Similar to @qshpr89 but the only sure thing is Christmas decorating starts the day after Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

All my decorating has become minimal by most people’s standards because of small condo and storage issues plus my capability to handle larger items (primarily Christmas).

Christmas put out no later then Veterans Day.

Spring, middle of January.

Summer, in May

Fall, favorite season, middle of August.

I do not decorate for Valentine Day or Patriotic Holidays other then what stated above for each season. I do enjoy looking at others decorations, however for reasons stated keep mine minimal.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thanks to ALL who replied to my thread.  I enjoyed reading your replies...and you have inspired me to up my holiday decorating game.

Super Contributor

For Christmas, I start decorating, early November and took down on January 7. I don't have decorations for the other holidays. For Valentine's I have towels only.

Respected Contributor

The ONLY holiday that I might decorate for is Christmas, and the only decoration is a tree. If I'm so inclined, I put the tree up and put the decorations on before I leave for Florida in October, and then when I come home for the holidays, it's up and ready to go. Plus, I have the lights on a smartplug, so I can turn them on/off randomly and drive my uber nosy neighbors nuts. Smiley Tongue

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I decorate only for Christmas and do that the second week in November so it is up and ready to roll Thanksgiving week.

We really don't have anything going at Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

I only decorate for the Christmas holiday. I usually start right after Thanksgiving.

Trusted Contributor

Usually only a couple weeks before the actual holiday and then take it down the day after (unless it's Christmas) I get tried of it fast and just want to have things back to normal!!