Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: How early do you decorate?

Me thinks this is a carefully placed promotion

for QVC's "Christmas in July" craziness.

Contributor
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎12-19-2010

Re: How early do you decorate?


@sidsmom wrote:

Me thinks this is a carefully placed promotion

for QVC's "Christmas in July" craziness.


You're wrong. Its not. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,383
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: How early do you decorate?


@sidsmom wrote:

Me thinks this is a carefully placed promotion

for QVC's "Christmas in July" craziness.


I doubt Christmas in July needs a promotion. This is a Holiday forum so be prepared to see lots of Christmas in July posts and threads.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 890
Registered: ‎10-31-2012

Re: How early do you decorate?

I still have Christmas decorations up from last year - mainly angels.  I leave the red Christmas decorations up for Valentine's Day and 4th of July. By that time, I plan to purchase Christmas in July items.  When they arrive, I open them up, and leave some out, because they are too pretty to put away.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 890
Registered: ‎10-31-2012

Re: How early do you decorate?

I don't think this is sill, at all.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 65,770
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: How early do you decorate?


@atm1215 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@atm1215 wrote:

My family wants to start decorating next month and Im considering it. Does anyone decorate early for Christmas

 

 

 

I'm sorry you are getting such nasty responses. The holiday forum was set up so those who want to talk about any holiday at any time of year had a place to do so without being ridiculed. 

 

Usually the posters here are much more friendly and accepting. 

 

I follow more than one Facebook page that deals with Christmas and many people never undecorate and some that do start redecorating in the summer, so I don't find your post shocking at all.

 

I listen to Christmas music online off and on all year too, as well as visit Facebook pages dedicated to the season.

 

When qvc has Christmas in July, I decorate the coffee table in the family room for a short time while I enjoy the programming. 

 

I say do what pleases you and your family and post pictures here. Many of us would love to see them. 


Thank you so much. I usually read and dont post much. Seeing all the negative responses for asking a question in the appropriate forum is a turn off, but wont keep me from posting 😊


Oh boy... So why ask a question if you only want to see responses that agree with you... Appropriate forum or not, people have opinions...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 65,770
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: How early do you decorate?


@Mominohio wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@atm1215 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow this might be the silliest thread I have read on here in a long time



Glad youre getting a kick out of it! However, whats silly to you may not be to others. 


No. I'm afraid some things are not relative. There is, in fact, an objective silly factor... Decorating for Christmas in June in the absence of any bona fide reason to do so crosses that line...

 

Smiley Very Happy


 

Everything in life is relative.


I guess we disagree... but then what do I know, because I'm also not of the opinion that offering one's divergent point of view is automatically 'bullying'...

 

Smiley Wink


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎12-19-2010

Re: How early do you decorate?


@stevieb wrote:

@atm1215 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@atm1215 wrote:

My family wants to start decorating next month and Im considering it. Does anyone decorate early for Christmas

 

 

 

I'm sorry you are getting such nasty responses. The holiday forum was set up so those who want to talk about any holiday at any time of year had a place to do so without being ridiculed. 

 

Usually the posters here are much more friendly and accepting. 

 

I follow more than one Facebook page that deals with Christmas and many people never undecorate and some that do start redecorating in the summer, so I don't find your post shocking at all.

 

I listen to Christmas music online off and on all year too, as well as visit Facebook pages dedicated to the season.

 

When qvc has Christmas in July, I decorate the coffee table in the family room for a short time while I enjoy the programming. 

 

I say do what pleases you and your family and post pictures here. Many of us would love to see them. 


Thank you so much. I usually read and dont post much. Seeing all the negative responses for asking a question in the appropriate forum is a turn off, but wont keep me from posting 😊


Oh boy... So why ask a question if you only want to see responses that agree with you... Appropriate forum or not, people have opinions...

 

 

 

Actually, most replies have not been an answer to my question "How early do you decorate?".

 

They have been judgemental rude comments that show the posters character.  


 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,226
Registered: ‎11-15-2011

Re: How early do you decorate?

One of my neighbors keeps a tree with just lights in the lanai real round.

 

They are as pretty in June as they are in December!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,179
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: How early do you decorate?

I guess I could put a summer tree out.

 

http://100dorog.ru/upload/contents/432/2016/6958412-Rossiyanam_snova_obe11550017.jpg